New Monroe Front Quick Strut Problem - Page 2 - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-01-2018, 11:06 PM Thread Starter

Chapter: Southern
Year: 2008
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.5L Ti-VCT V6

Trader Score: 0 reviews
I think only the strut mount/bearing is bad. The strut itself is ok, I believe. When turning the tires, I can see and hear binding. I'd prefer to avoid purchasing anymore Monroe products since they appear to be poor quality. I think I'll try to purchase a strut mount/bearing from Ford or a KYB equivalent from Rock Auto.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-02-2018, 06:13 AM

Chapter: Southeast
Year: 2017
Engine: 3.5L Cyclone V6

I went to Advance auto and ordered new bearing plates and swapped them out, no problems after that. I did have a new 4 way alignment done and the car drove like it was new, until my grandson hit a curb with it doing 60mph.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-02-2018, 09:17 AM Thread Starter

Thanks, kekaye56. I'll try that as it seems like the cheapest option and most likely to work. I can appreciate your comment. This is the second car for my daughter - she wrecked her first car twice!

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-16-2018, 07:55 PM Thread Starter

Final Update. Replaced the strut mount/bearing with a new Ford brand from Rock Auto. No more noise. Examined the mount/bearing removed from the new Monroe quick strut and noted that it was binding when rotated, and the internal bearings rattled. What a piece of krap!

I want to replace the rear struts, too, but don't want to buy a set of Monroe quick struts given their poor quality. The quick struts are so much easier becasue of not having to deal with compressing the springs. Oh well.
sheila likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page