H&R Springs Installed = Service Traction Control? - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2017, 02:24 PM Thread Starter

Chapter: Southeast
Year: 2016
Model: Ford Taurus SHO
Engine: 3.5L EcoBoost V6

Trader Score: 0 reviews
H&R Springs Installed = Service Traction Control?

So after doing some research I purchased the H&R springs for my 2016 SHO and had them installed by my dealer. The car was definitely lower by at least 1.5" all around and had the ride characteristics I was looking for. Everyone's happy. Then a day or so later it started occasionally throwing a code and illuminating the service traction control or "AdvanceTrack" as I believe it's called. I called the dealer and have an appointment Monday to have it looked at. But they said it may be a result of the suspension being lowered. They said they sometimes see it with trucks when they are lifted. As much as I see H&R springs discussed, I have never seen this mentioned. Of course, if there's only going to be one person in the whole world to have this issue, it'll be me. Has anyone else ever heard of this? If so, is there a known fix? There doesn't seem to be any loss in ride quality when it occurs. And if I stop and shut off the car, when I restart, it's gone and can stay gone for hours. Any information will be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2017, 07:39 PM

Chapter: Midwest
Year: 2013
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.5L Ti-VCT V6

Garage
I have never heard about it either. Curious to hear the resolution.

Current: 2013 Ford Taurus SEL
Past:
2001 Lincoln Continental, still running, 190k+
1997 Cadillac Deville, still running, 180k+
Old 08-02-2017, 08:20 PM
Gen 5/6 Forum Moderator

Chapter: Northeast
Year: 2017
Model: OTHER
Engine: OTHER

Need to pull for codes before we can go much further... I'm betting there's some kind of signal plausibility code getting set.

thefranchise713

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow my new story with the Bull's taller, older sister:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Our lives are a series of missions, aided by our gifts and talents, in pursuit of a stronger neighborhood.

Old 08-02-2017, 08:43 PM Thread Starter

I didn't have an OBDII reader with me when the events occurred. When I had returned home to where one was available, I had restarted, and the code had cleared. I'm carrying one with me between now and Monday and will update. Thank you for your input.
Old 08-03-2017, 11:47 AM
Gen 5/6 Forum Moderator

What about a laptop and FORScan? We're almost positively not looking at an OBD-II code.

The code may be stored historically this way, too.

thefranchise713

Our lives are a series of missions, aided by our gifts and talents, in pursuit of a stronger neighborhood.
Old 08-03-2017, 05:17 PM Thread Starter

You have broadened my horizons. This is my first blue oval. Prior to this I had been a bow tie all my life. After your post and doing a little research I now know what FORScan is and that I need a OBDII-USB cable. Looking on eBay all are shipping for the U.K. or China. Any suggestions on a U.S. Source? Also, even thought I know now it probably wouldn't have helped anyway, I rode around all day with an OBD code reader. Of course I experienced no occurrence. It happened twice yesterday and once the day before. I know it's a stretch but, are any of these systems adaptive?
Old 08-04-2017, 08:46 AM
Midwest Chapter Mod

Chapter: Midwest
Year: 2010

Garage
Send a message via AIM to bpd1151 Send a message via Skype™ to bpd1151
As one of the 1st to have installed the H&R's on the GEN4 SHO platform, and also having worked closely with a friend who worked in R&D at that company to develop the resolution for the rear camber bolts and it's resulting alignment issue post install of their springs, I have NEVER ONCE heard of anyone having reported such issues as you are/have, and this is across multiple forums, over several years.

I wouldn't place much stock in what a service advisor is telling you at/from a dealership level. Anything outside of stock parameters, and those very same people are quick to assess blame elsewhere, other than investigating and resolving the actual issue.

I suspect you may likely have a faulty sensor that is triggering that CEL, as you report that a shut down/restart is resolving the matter. At least on its' surface. I agree with others, pull the code and proceed from there.

I wouldn't be surprised if you have a developing mechanical issue that may be a result of a faulty part right off of/from the production line. I've heard of some issues relating to the PTU &/or the Rear Diff on some of those model years. Which may be attributed to the vendor supplying those parts to FMC.

Good luck in your quest!
thefranchise713 likes this.
Old 08-04-2017, 04:41 PM Thread Starter

As I mentioned in first post, I have no doubt that if it will only ever happen once on the planet.....it'll happen to me.
And to add further mystery to the situation yesterday there was no occurrence. I wanted to get the H&R's on the highway and see how they handle. I put roughly 80 miles on it today on 485 around Charlotte. And another 30 ish through town. Outstanding ride and handling! Again, no codes, all is well. My OBDII-USB cable, so I can use FORScan, will not arrive until after my Monday dealer appointment. They're replacing a warranty rocker trim piece as well or I may have considered cancelling the appointment. I'll post any further developments and I appreciate everyones input.
Old 08-05-2017, 06:20 AM
Gen 5/6 Forum Moderator

I'm rooting for you! That's a beautiful SHO in your avatar.

thefranchise713

Old 08-05-2017, 02:49 PM Thread Starter

Thank you. I purchased it brand new in April and she has quickly become my pride and joy! I've always had performance cars but I'm getting to the age where I didn't feel like climbing in and out of a coupe. I wanted something that was a blend of luxury and performance. She fits the bill beautifully! And what's more, we enjoyed another completely code free day! I'm very happy for that because I love the ride, stance and handling with the H&R's. I just hope Monday or FORScan, once my cable arrives, provides some explanation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in