H&R Springs Installed = Service Traction Control? - Page 4 - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-31-2018, 01:11 PM Thread Starter

Chapter: Southeast
Year: 2016
Model: Ford Taurus SHO
Engine: 3.5L EcoBoost V6

Trader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRV1631 View Post
Oh well. The wife will be glad to hear she doesnít need to clean the guest suite! Yeah the only job Iíve ever been fired from was as a mechanics helper at a Chrysler Plymouth dealer part time while I was in my final 2 years of high school. I keep telling myself it was because it was during the times of financial troubles and Lee Iacocca. Not my inabilities. But what a blessing in disguise it was! Yet I digress.

I wonít have time in my schedule until the 21st of May to drop off, and be without for one or two days, my car. Iíll post the eventual end of the situation. Be it that the problem has been identified and resolved or IĎve just decided this bulls got a little quirk. Since it does nothing to degrade performance and goes away with an ignition cycle, sometimes for weeks and once months, iím getting close to saying screw it. If the dealer thinks Iíve been particular in this case (Iíve overheard tech comments, ďcanít we trade him into an Ď18?Ē ďDonít get near this manís car! Heís already BEEPing particular as BEEP as it is!Ē) Iím waiting to get mechanical straight before we get to the panel fitment issues!
FYI - I was called out of town and unable to keep the May 21st appointment. It has not thrown the code since 5-11-18. Summer is my busy season. So unless it begins throwing it again with any semblance of frequency itís not high on my radar. Iím crossing my fingers and hoping Karma isnít reading this post!
UKfordguy likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 07:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRV1631 View Post
FYI - I was called out of town and unable to keep the May 21st appointment. It has not thrown the code since 5-11-18. Summer is my busy season. So unless it begins throwing it again with any semblance of frequency itís not high on my radar. Iím crossing my fingers and hoping Karma isnít reading this post!
Well hells bells! Itís been 47 days and more importantly around 4K miles, with over 1K of them coming in a 3 day weekend road trip, without a peep. But she threw the code again yesterday. On top of it my service advisor, who was fully up to speed on the situation, has moved and is no longer there. Iíve placed two calls to some of the other people, who I was told were filling in for him and I know are aware of the notorious reputation she has, with no return call. I really think weíre right on the verge of a final resolution. Possibly with the change of the PSCM. Iíll make a couple more calls to the service dept.

But as insignificant (zero impact) as it is to performance, and really just an occasional nuisance, I just donít know if the ghost hasnít won. Cycle the ignition every 4Kmiles to clear a DTC? Well thatís just like resetting the oil life meter.....right?!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2016 SHO, K&N CAI, H&R Sport Springs, Diablo Sport 93 Oct. Tune, DriveBright.com Switchback DRLís, Lamin-X Headlight Tint, Roof Spoiler, JLT Oil Catch Can.
post #33 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 12:16 PM Thread Starter

So, the beast began raising hell again. Then, after I already had a scheduled service appointment, it added a twist. The ABS light. Took it in and after diagnostics (and it threw the code while the tech was driving it) C0034 was detected. RF speed sensor. That was replaced and so far all is well. They claim something about the way the sensor was wired wasnít exactly correct and that may have been the cause all along.

Only time will tell now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2016 SHO, K&N CAI, H&R Sport Springs, Diablo Sport 93 Oct. Tune, DriveBright.com Switchback DRLís, Lamin-X Headlight Tint, Roof Spoiler, JLT Oil Catch Can.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page