H&R Springs Installed = Service Traction Control? - Page 3 - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-05-2018, 12:27 PM

Chapter: Southeast
Year: 2013
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.5L Ti-VCT V6

Trader Score: 0 reviews
H&R Sport Lowering Coil Springs

I want to install H&R Sport Lowering Coil Springs (Ebay item 162902152516) in 2013 Taurus SE 2wd V-6 (Part Number 51626). I will like to hear from a member THAT DONE IT if I will have camber issues after the drop. The manufacturer claims it will drop close to 1.5" all-around. I did read somewhere that I may need Specialty Products Company 81280 EZ Cam XR 16mm Adjuster Bolt (4 each). These bolts are quite pricy, btw. How about the rear camber?
Help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-11-2018, 08:32 AM Thread Starter

Year: 2016
Model: Ford Taurus SHO
Engine: 3.5L EcoBoost V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fperezal View Post
I want to install H&R Sport Lowering Coil Springs (Ebay item 162902152516) in 2013 Taurus SE 2wd V-6 (Part Number 51626). I will like to hear from a member THAT DONE IT if I will have camber issues after the drop. The manufacturer claims it will drop close to 1.5" all-around. I did read somewhere that I may need Specialty Products Company 81280 EZ Cam XR 16mm Adjuster Bolt (4 each). These bolts are quite pricy, btw. How about the rear camber?
Help!
I love the change to the ride. I would not want to go back. I provided my installer with the camber bolts. Didnít have any issues with the rear camber. The issues that I experienced immediately after had nothing to do with the springs. Even the dealer admits that now.
post #23 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-11-2018, 08:42 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRV1631 View Post
As noted by thefranchise713 the criteria for setting code C0051 has nothing to do with the springs. Furthermore all of that criteria was found to be within spec. And all of the alignment criteria was within spec. They were willing to recalibrate the sensor but since it is throwing the code @ random when all is within spec, the decision was made to just replace the sensor. It is on order and should arrive in 4 or 5 days. At that point we will schedule an appointment and have the new sensor installed. And the best part? Since lowering with the H&R springs played NO PART the entire repair is UNDER WARRANTY!

I cannot thank everyone enough for their assistance and input. Knowledge is power. It was a far different appointment today. No more discussion of, ďWell itís because you lowered itĒ Thank you!
This saga continues. But as I have already stated the dealership is no longer relating it to the springs. The alignment has been verified 4 times. The sensor that throws the code (canít remember which one it is) has been changed. The air bag control modular has a been changed (Advised by FoMoCo Tech Hotline). All for nothing. The code continues to be thrown randomly. I have to drop it off and leave it now because communication with the FoMoCo Tech Hotline can only begin when the vehicle is present and can sometimes take overnight to get a response. The crazy thing is it rides great and runs great. It just keeps throwing this goofy code.

post #24 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-11-2018, 05:34 PM
Gen 5/6 Forum Moderator

Chapter: Northeast
Year: 2017
Model: OTHER
Engine: OTHER

I'm dead curious to see what the freeze frame data looks like on that, if any. Failing that I'd love to spend some time with FORScan in your car watching PIDs and hoping for a fault out. I'm dying to know what that signal looks like when it triggers the plausibility code.

thefranchise713

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow my new story with the Bull's taller, older sister:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Our lives are a series of missions, aided by our gifts and talents, in pursuit of a stronger neighborhood.
post #25 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-11-2018, 06:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefranchise713 View Post
I'm dead curious to see what the freeze frame data looks like on that, if any. Failing that I'd love to spend some time with FORScan in your car watching PIDs and hoping for a fault out. I'm dying to know what that signal looks like when it triggers the plausibility code.
Iím not sure what you mean by freeze fame data. Iím sure itís not just FORScan showing the default code and the module it came from. That would be terribly anticlimactic. As for trying to be logging at the time itís thrown, that would be very difficult. In all my years of driving when similar diagnostic codes were thrown regularly it was always under a situation I could recreate. Or one that was at least a little more narrowed down than this is. WOT, coasting to a stop, cornering, straight....itís never the same. Alignment was the closest thing to a common denominator. But I will be very unhappy the day comes I have to have this realigned again. Because it is straight as an arrow! As for time riding with FORScan......Lake Wylie SC is a beautiful area! Weíll be in the 80ís and 90ís from now until late Sept.early Oct. Come on down friend!
post #26 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-12-2018, 06:09 AM
Gen 5/6 Forum Moderator

Haha! Sadly I already took my southern trips for the year--one stopped in NC, the other one in FL. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be down that way.

I know some of the base OBD-II codes will store parameters at time of fault along with the code. Not sure if this situation would result in the same, but I think it does.

You don't want me touching your car anyway. I shouldn't be trusted to change a tire. I just know a couple of random things to get the discussion started.

thefranchise713

Our lives are a series of missions, aided by our gifts and talents, in pursuit of a stronger neighborhood.
post #27 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-12-2018, 05:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Haha! Sadly I already took my southern trips for the year--one stopped in NC, the other one in FL. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be down that way.

I know some of the base OBD-II codes will store parameters at time of fault along with the code. Not sure if this situation would result in the same, but I think it does.

You don't want me touching your car anyway. I shouldn't be trusted to change a tire. I just know a couple of random things to get the discussion started.
Oh well. The wife will be glad to hear she doesnít need to clean the guest suite! Yeah the only job Iíve ever been fired from was as a mechanics helper at a Chrysler Plymouth dealer part time while I was in my final 2 years of high school. I keep telling myself it was because it was during the times of financial troubles and Lee Iacocca. Not my inabilities. But what a blessing in disguise it was! Yet I digress.

I wonít have time in my schedule until the 21st of May to drop off, and be without for one or two days, my car. Iíll post the eventual end of the situation. Be it that the problem has been identified and resolved or IĎve just decided this bulls got a little quirk. Since it does nothing to degrade performance and goes away with an ignition cycle, sometimes for weeks and once months, iím getting close to saying screw it. If the dealer thinks Iíve been particular in this case (Iíve overheard tech comments, ďcanít we trade him into an Ď18?Ē ďDonít get near this manís car! Heís already BEEPing particular as BEEP as it is!Ē) Iím waiting to get mechanical straight before we get to the panel fitment issues!
post #28 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-13-2018, 08:53 AM
Gen 5/6 Forum Moderator

So, I'm an idiot. I thought this code was storing in the PSCM, but it's really a creature of the ABS module. Makes sense. The Ford definition of this code, albeit in the Explorer's manual:

"This DTC sets in continuous memory and on-demand if the difference between the steering wheel angle signal and the calculated reference signal is too high or if the steering wheel angle sensor does not match other stability control sensor inputs (yaw rate, lateral acceleration, longitudinal acceleration, roll rate."

In the narrative that follows, the RCM and PSCM can both contribute data that may contribute to this fault out.

thefranchise713

post #29 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-13-2018, 09:48 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
So, I'm an idiot. I thought this code was storing in the PSCM, but it's really a creature of the ABS module. Makes sense. The Ford definition of this code, albeit in the Explorer's manual:

"This DTC sets in continuous memory and on-demand if the difference between the steering wheel angle signal and the calculated reference signal is too high or if the steering wheel angle sensor does not match other stability control sensor inputs (yaw rate, lateral acceleration, longitudinal acceleration, roll rate."

In the narrative that follows, the RCM and PSCM can both contribute data that may contribute to this fault out.
The RCM - Restraint Control Modual (air bag Modual) was replaced last time at the recommendation of the Tech Support Hotline. What do you want to bet next time I get a new PSCM?
post #30 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-13-2018, 11:03 AM
Gen 5/6 Forum Moderator

Probably. I've seen more than one PSCM fail.

thefranchise713

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page