08 Taurus X Vibration, Steering Wheel, Floor Pan - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-15-2016, 07:25 AM Thread Starter

Trader Score: 0 reviews
08 Taurus X Vibration, Steering Wheel, Floor Pan

July, 2016: I have an 08 X, 80k miles, great condition, no accidents. I have a steering wheel and floor pan vibration mostly between 60 and 80 mph that seems to be getting worse.

My Ford dealership Service Advisor is trying like hell to figure this out ... luckily I have an ESP Plan. Let me tell you everything I or they have replaced so far: tires, wheel bearings, CV shafts, calipers, steering gear (rack), steering column. There is no change. They even put wheels from another car on mine and drove it so we know it's not a wheel/tire issue.

There is no difference whether I am braking or not ... at high speeds, it just vibrates. A lot. Like 1/8 to 3/16 inch left and right. Intensity seems to shift from either floor pan or steering wheel, but still, both vibrate. I don't even know if this is dangerous, or just annoying.

Anyone else have this issue? Any suggestions? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 09:50 AM

Chapter: Northeast
Year: 2008
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.5L Cyclone V6

I have a 2008 SEL with 75K miles. Having similar issues. Steering wheel vibrates in a rotational manner....like side to side a just a bit. Passenger seat upright shakes a bit, and if I have a bottled water in the cupholder you can see it shaking.

Did you ever find the cause?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 06:07 AM Thread Starter

After a lot of trial and error, and literally almost three months at the dealership, for me it came down to brakes. I replaced all the pads and all the rotors with Motorcraft parts and that did it! Good luck! Still driving it with 132K miles still love that car.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 06:17 AM

My daughter has driven the car for the last week or so. Two days ago, I drove it on the expressway and the vibration was still there but was a LOT less. Before reading your post I was wondering if my issues were possibly in the brakes (I just put them on...new aftermarket rotors and pads.) and kept checking rotor temps. One was hotter than the others. So I was thinking maybe it was out of round a bit, but always thought I'd feel that in the pedal.

Anyways, when I drove it the other day, it wasn't nearly as bad as it was, and I was wondering if it was a brake issue that was going away with wearing in the brakes. Crazy I guess. But I can't figure anything else. I'm just glad it's better lol
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 11:44 AM

Well it's still got the shakes/ My daughter called me yesterday after having it on the expressway. We didn't use Motorcraft parts, so I'm wondering if that's it. I can't think of anything else. Getting kinda frustrating!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page