10 taurus sel viper aftermarket alarm issues...need help - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
 3Likes
  • 2 Post By Trinamo
  • 1 Post By Soni885

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 06:03 PM Thread Starter

Chapter: Northeast
Year: 2010
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.5L Cyclone V6

Garage
Trader Score: 0 reviews
10 taurus sel viper aftermarket alarm issues...need help

hello i have a 2010 taurus sel with factory alarm im guessing the pats system ...my issue is that i recently had a viper 5706v remote start/alarm installed and i am having problems with the viper alarm setting off the factory alarm when i unlock the doors with the viper remote...i believe the viper alarm is wired into the door lock wire and not the alarm wire but i am just guessing...any help will be very appeciated ...this is my first post plz take it easy on me lol.....here is some videos of what is going on

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0cjf...qgDQ3ECwAO_8KA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 03:16 PM

Garage
First: Viper products have one of the best warranties and guarantees out there for their products. If that was installed by an Authorized Directed (Viper) dealer, take it to them and they will sort it out. Coming from said installer of an Authorized dealer.

Second: This is a hard car to integrate into (which is why, even with my 10 years exp, I really don't want rip out the crappy code alarm installed by a previous owner because... ugh). Wiring needs to be followed to the letter in this car. I can tell in the first video that it has not, because your alarm is triggering your hazards circuit instead of the parking lights circuit.

Third: Need to know which interface module was used with the 5706v
sheila and Soni885 like this.

2010 Taurus SEL AWD 257k
2013 Honda CB500F 23k
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 10:25 PM Thread Starter

Garage
installer is coming back to fix it (mobile installer ) (he is authorized) i was just seeing on here if there was anyone who had the same issue and knew the fix for it ..i know this car is a pain thats why i didnt touch it myself lol. the first video is of the factory alarm being set off and its always been like that with the hazards since i got it like that in '11 no aftermarket alarm installed until now...if i remote start the car with the viper keypad the factory alarm doesnt go off when i unlock with the viper pad only when its off and use the viper pad... ill take a look tomorrow if its not raining for the interface # ....thanks again for your help

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 06:36 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinamo View Post
First: Viper products have one of the best warranties and guarantees out there for their products. If that was installed by an Authorized Directed (Viper) dealer, take it to them and they will sort it out. Coming from said installer of an Authorized dealer.

Second: This is a hard car to integrate into (which is why, even with my 10 years exp, I really don't want rip out the crappy code alarm installed by a previous owner because... ugh). Wiring needs to be followed to the letter in this car. I can tell in the first video that it has not, because your alarm is triggering your hazards circuit instead of the parking lights circuit.

Third: Need to know which interface module was used with the 5706v

tried to check before it rained but the bypass is zip tied to the viper module and i didnt want to cut it since he is coming back and i dont want void anything..i just know its directed i dont know which model though
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 11:28 PM Thread Starter

Garage
installer came back yesterday fixed it everything works great now ..it was the 12 volt wire that pulses the ignition at the same time of the disarm wasnt connected (it was a late night the first night he was here till a little after 10pm ...thanks for everything
sheila likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page