SYNC Software Download Challenges - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 01:40 PM Thread Starter

Chapter: Southeast
Year: 2017
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.5L Ti-VCT V6

Trader Score: 0 reviews
Question SYNC Software Download Challenges

Hey friends,

Having a bit of a hassle trying to update my Sync 3 version 2.2 to 3.0.

The owner.ford.com site where you go and download the update to a flash drive just spins and never adds the file to the flash drive.

I have formatted the flash drive correctly and it has plenty of space available.

I did this without issues on my wife's 2016 Expy back in the fall. I've added my vehicle to our page as well.

Maybe I'm missing something. Any thoughts?

URL of where it is just spinning - https://owner.ford.com/tools/account....html#/prepare
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 12:07 AM

Chapter: Midwest
Year: 2002
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.0L 12v Vulcan V6

Trader Score: 0 reviews
That website has always been buggy as hell for me. Took me a couple tries to get it too.
What I went through:
-try a different browser. It may work better on Chrome than IE, or Firefox rather than Chrome.
-make sure adblock/scriptblock/anti-malware programs/etc are either not running or have been set to exclude the site
-verify the flash drive is FAT32, not exFAT. Even though they claim exFAT is compatible, I have never gotten the Sync system to read media from an exFAT drive. When I take that same drive and reformat it as FAT32, and put the same files back on it, Sync picks it up just fine.
-related to that... How big is the flash drive? If it's 32GB or more, Windows will very likely have formatted it as exFAT, not FAT32. Because Microsoft thinks we shouldn't be using FAT32 or some horsepoop on larger flash drives. In that case, either use a smaller drive, or download a 3rd party tool to do the format (like this one.

This guy (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-e...2-2-2-3-a.html) ended up logging on to Ford's India site to get it to work
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page