Remote start with Android App 15' Ford Taurus Limited? - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 05:21 PM Thread Starter

Chapter: Northeast
Year: 2015
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.5L EcoBoost V6

Trader Score: 0 reviews
Remote start with Android App 15' Ford Taurus Limited?

Is there anyway I am able to use the MyFord app to remote start my 2015 Ford Taurus Limited? I seen somewhere, that I need to add something in my car from the Ford Dealership to give it Wifi, but it will cost around $500. Is there anyway I can do it for cheaper, if it's possible?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 08:12 PM

Year: 2004
Engine: 3.0L 24v Duratec V6

Wink

Contact your wi-fi carrier. It's usually around $20-30 per month.

Some will give you modem for free (because they want your $).

Otherwise modem should cost under $100.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 09:52 PM
brn

Chapter: Midwest
Year: 2013
Engine: 3.5L Ti-VCT V6

I believe the Ford Remote App does this (was available for my '13 anyway). You need to sign your Taurus up for cellular connectivity. I don't even know if it's available anymore, but it was once for about $5/month. You can then start your car from France if you like.

I thought about doing it with my car, but decided regular remote start was good enough.

Last edited by brn; 03-16-2019 at 09:55 PM.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 06:14 AM

Year: 2014
Engine: 3.5L Cyclone V6

I just did this with my 14 Limited. I bought the modules on Ebay for a little over $100. However they are hard to find since they were discontinued. I installed them into the car following the install guide. I contacted 3 different Ford dealerships about activating it. The first two were baffled by my request saying they didn't even know what I was talking about. Even explaining it to them, and even telling them I have the instructions for what they needed to do, literally follow the directions and that got me no where. The third was not sure but transferred me to someone who had been at the dealership for a while. He said to bring it in. If all he had to do was activate it, he wouldn't charge me. Took the car up the next day, and he had it done within 30 minutes. Used the App. It's not bad but it does have issues. It's very hit and miss on whether it works. I've contacted the vendor and they are of no help. They say it is a network issue, yet it uses AT&T, I use AT&T and being a block away from a repeater and it won't work. If it continues to be that way I won't be renewing when my year is up that I've paid for. I'd cancel now but they don't do refunds, now I know why.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page