post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
cjd

Chapter: Southeast
Year: 2016
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.5L Cyclone V6

Trader Score: 0 reviews
Keyless entry issue

I've been having an issue on my 2016 Taurus with the door locks. There is the button on the door handle that's supposed to unlock when I touch it or pull the handle. But sometimes it doesn't do anything at all or I can hear the locks clicking but they don't unlock. But if I get out my remote and press the unlock button then they unlock.

Also, sometimes when this happens if I try to start the car it will start but a message shows that says "No key detected" yet I can start and drive the car. Is this caused be a weak remote battery. I've been planning to use my other remote for a while and see if it does it too, but I haven't yet.

The issue with the ignition happens maybe once every two weeks, the one with the locks can happen every two or three days, but not all the time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 12:52 PM

Chapter: Northeast
Year: 2018
Model: Ford Taurus SHO
Engine: 3.5L EcoBoost V6

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjd View Post
I've been having an issue on my 2016 Taurus with the door locks. There is the button on the door handle that's supposed to unlock when I touch it or pull the handle. But sometimes it doesn't do anything at all or I can hear the locks clicking but they don't unlock. But if I get out my remote and press the unlock button then they unlock.

Also, sometimes when this happens if I try to start the car it will start but a message shows that says "No key detected" yet I can start and drive the car. Is this caused be a weak remote battery. I've been planning to use my other remote for a while and see if it does it too, but I haven't yet.

The issue with the ignition happens maybe once every two weeks, the one with the locks can happen every two or three days, but not all the time.
I would suspect a weak battery in the remote.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 01:23 PM

Chapter: Northeast
Year: 2013
Engine: 3.5L Ti-VCT V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjd View Post
Could be weak remote battery although I do see that message from time to time even after I had replaced the battery in the remote key. The car behaves normally (much as you noticed) so that's just Ford being a Ford apparently. I stopped paying attention.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 08:39 PM

Chapter: West Coast

Garage
Yeah, I get that message every now and then. Even my Mustang does the exact same thing. I'm actually glad the distance is that short to be honest.

Replace your fob battery and you should be hopefully good to go. It needs a CR2025 battery if I remember correctly.

2013 Taurus Limited - Sterling Grey Metallic | Adapted EcoBoost Turbos | PRE Tuning | Halos & Demon Eyes
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-09-2019, 09:13 PM Thread Starter
cjd

Chapter: Southeast
Year: 2016

So do you guys have the same issue too with the button on the door handle not working? Because mine is doing about once a day where it won't unlock when I touch it or pull the handle outside. So I use my remote to get in but next time it works fine.

I also get a message sometimes when I shut off the car that says, "Restart now or key is required." Which I don't even know what that means. lol
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-09-2019, 10:27 PM

Chapter: West Coast

Garage
I personally don't experience issues like that, but I would suspect a low battery in the fob remote.

2013 Taurus Limited - Sterling Grey Metallic | Adapted EcoBoost Turbos | PRE Tuning | Halos & Demon Eyes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page