Radio upgrade from stock to navigation - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Opfor2

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-08-2016, 09:25 AM Thread Starter

Chapter: West Coast
Year: 2008
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.7L Ti-VCT V6

Trader Score: 0 reviews
Radio upgrade from stock to navigation

Good day all,

I would like to upgrade my stock OEM am/fm/cd radio to a OEM navigation system ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/252353267057?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT ) My question is besides the GPS antenna is there anything else that I will need and will this upgrade even work?

Thanks.

This upgrade is on my 2008 Taurus..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-09-2016, 03:38 PM

Chapter: Northeast

I personally wouldn't consider a OEM to OEM with Navigation a upgrade. Especially 2008 models where you should be able to change out with aftermarket with so many more features. As to whether it can be done fairly easy I am not sure. I am fairly certain that some newer Kenwood's have GPS built in so check that route.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-09-2016, 08:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011TAURUSSEL View Post
I personally wouldn't consider a OEM to OEM with Navigation a upgrade. Especially 2008 models where you should be able to change out with aftermarket with so many more features. As to whether it can be done fairly easy I am not sure. I am fairly certain that some newer Kenwood's have GPS built in so check that route.

I agree that replacing one OEM radio for another may NOT be a true upgrade however in this instance it is. I have looked at the Panasonic navigation however it would not allow for the use of the steering wheel buttons. I'm looking for the "Plug en Play" not having to do a lot of cut en splicing..

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-03-2016, 10:16 AM Thread Starter

*****UPDATE*****
So I took the gamble and purchased the above listed radio and purchased a GPS antenna from e-bay and after about a 15 minute install process everything worked as a champ. The navigation radio DID NOT require dealer programming and worked right away. I also purchased a new updated map DVD from eBay so that I have updated maps. Some have said that this is not a "upgrade" due to the limited features of the radio however, I wanted a "Turn Key" radio that would be plug and play and didn't require cutting and re-splicing of the factory wiring. All in all "I'M" happy.
sheila likes this.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-03-2016, 11:19 AM
Gen 5/6 Forum Moderator

Chapter: Northeast
Year: 2017
Model: OTHER
Engine: OTHER

Nicely done. Congrats!

thefranchise713

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow my new story with the Bull's taller, older sister:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Our lives are a series of missions, aided by our gifts and talents, in pursuit of a stronger neighborhood.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-03-2016, 11:00 PM

Did you notice any difference in the sound quality after the upgrade? I upgraded from the Audiophile AM/FM stereo/6-disc in-dash CD changer to the Audiophile DVD Navigation System and the first thing I noticed was 'better' sound quality.

Cheers from Claremore, OK!
Dave
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-31-2016, 12:44 PM

Chapter: Southeast
Year: 2010
Engine: 3.5L Ti-VCT V6

I'm thinking of "upgrading" my audio system (Sony) in my 2010 Taurus Limited to a touch-screen Nav/audio/bluetooth system...is there a particular one that is highly recommended?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page