Beginning on my audio build - Page 16 - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #151 of 158 (permalink) Old 05-30-2016, 08:32 PM Thread Starter

Chapter: Midwest

Trader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice445 View Post
Damn lol. Good song choice, btw. Next step is dynamat to keep your poor Taurus from flexing apart...haha
Doors are already completely done. Double layered on the backside of the door skin and then single layer under the door panel. Don't really want to do the roof because it raises the peak frequency. The trunk lid would be the only thing to really get done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 158 (permalink) Old 06-25-2016, 04:58 PM Thread Starter

So unknown to me, my Mechman was scheduled to come in yesterday. Talk about a pleasant surprise. Luckily enough I was outside cleaning my car when FedEx showed up because I had to sign for it.

Unfortunately my day was completely packed so installation had to wait til about 9pm. I can't say it was a difficult install, but it definitely wasn't fun considering the engine was still hot from driving to the garage.

Took me right at 2 hours to uninstall and then install the new Mechman. Now here is my issue, I'm not seeing any improvement since the install. Voltage under load is still the same. The problem is believed to be that my PCM is regulating the amperage. It is not externally regulated because I didn't think about it when I ordered it. Doing some research online on a Taurus forum, I read that you can clip the ground wire to the alternator from the PCM and then ground it else where to bypass the PCM. Has anyone done this or heard of this being done? I really don't want to cut into the harness on my car unless I know it's going to work like it's suppose to.
post #153 of 158 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 07:24 AM Thread Starter

So its been awhile, but audio season is right around the corner and its time to get started on some projects.

GOALS FOR THIS YEAR:

--Rebuild new pillars
I purchased a set of pillars out of a police interceptor Taurus where nothing changes besides an extra hole for where the spotlight goes through the A-pillar on the drivers side. This years pillars will be a set of McLaren MLT5s and a set of McLaren MLM-480s. Haven't set it in stone yet, but I'm planning on running them off the current 550.2 that is running my doors.

--Add more power to the doors

Currently running the doors, which are PRV neos in the front and Crescendo neos in the rear, off a Crescendo 550.2. Planning on changing to a NVX JAD800.4. to up the power to the doors.

--Add more reserve battery power
Current reserve power is just a XS XP950 which clearly is not enough for my current setup. Plan is to upgrade to a JY 23ah lithium. Original plan was to run D3400s, but the lithium route will be much easy on my car since the lithium only weighs about 10lbs.

--Trunk Weight
I will also be adding Air Lift helper bags to the rear. My car already doesn't like the weight in the ass end so these should help out tremendously.

I need to get started as soon as I can because I would like to try and get everything done before the Puzzled show in Virginia.
jrdnhsnbrg likes this.

post #154 of 158 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 07:24 AM
Gen 5/6 Forum Moderator

Chapter: Northeast
Year: 2017
Model: OTHER
Engine: OTHER

Just now seeing your alternator post, did you ever get the output you needed out of it?

thefranchise713

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow my new story with the Bull's taller, older sister:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Our lives are a series of missions, aided by our gifts and talents, in pursuit of a stronger neighborhood.
post #155 of 158 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 08:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefranchise713 View Post
Just now seeing your alternator post, did you ever get the output you needed out of it?
I think my main problem is just my reserve power. I'm draining it too fast. It's just not enough. My next upgrade is replacing the XP950 in the trunk with a JY 23ah lithium.
post #156 of 158 (permalink) Old 04-03-2017, 01:31 PM Thread Starter

So I'm a touch behind on this build log...

Last month I went and picked up some new goodies:

-McLaren 4" MLM480s
-McLaren 2" MLT5s
-NVX JAD800.4
-JY Power 23ah Lithium
-SoundDigital Voltmeter
-NVX 500a Battery Isolator

Hopefully I will at least be getting everything minus the McLaren speakers installed Friday. I also took my wheels to the coaters and had them redone. Should be picking them up tomorrow. I might be a little excited about how they turned out.

Last edited by tgrfly4; 04-03-2017 at 01:34 PM.
post #157 of 158 (permalink) Old 04-11-2017, 08:02 AM Thread Starter

So here they are. Kinda hard to tell a difference in the pictures. They don't do them justice.

I'm not 100% happy with the way the spoke faces turned out. I have some vinyl on the way that I'm going to attempt to wrap the faces with. Planning on changing the car up a little bit this year. Car can only stay the same so long although it does look sinister like it is.*
sheila likes this.
post #158 of 158 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 12:21 PM
Nee

Chapter: Pacific Northwest
Year: 2011
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.0L 12v Vulcan V6

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgrfly4 View Post

1. Factory radio will not work without being plugged into the stock amplifier. This means that my amp rack won't work out as planned because I am going to have to mount the stock amplifier back in its home.
I apologize for reviving this--- I have a question about the silver unit underneath your amp rack. Is that the Stock Audio Amplifier?
I am getting ready to start an active system with a RF processor and only need the front and rear Speaker signals to sum and allow me to provide a full 8 channel output; hoping I can "catch them" here.

-- Still reading your thread, looks GREAT So Far!

-still looking for that 'one' quote that deserves to be here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page