2008 Airbag Defeat Switch - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 11:48 PM Thread Starter

Trader Score: 0 reviews
2008 Airbag Defeat Switch

Any ideas on who would have a suitable airbag defeat switch and installation instructions?
I have submitted my request to NHTSA to officially allow me to install airbag defeat switches on my 2008 Taurus. I had put defeat switches into a 1995 Caprice Wagon that I used to run on Open Road Races.
I now need to have the defeat switch because I am mounting an iPad near the passenger side air bag and the bag has to be turned off while racing.
It is a good idea anyway to turn off the air bags because they are not safe to have go off while wearing a full helmet. There have been a couple of cases of broken jaws.
David
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-18-2019, 04:42 PM Thread Starter

I got my NHTSA letter on the airbag defeat switches. I am going to call a Ford dealer tomorrow to see if they can do the work.

2008 Ford Taurus SEL - Oxford White
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 12:40 PM Thread Starter

Ford dealer could not put in an air bag on/off switch. I contacted Pro-Gard who sells the AOI air bag on/off switch and they put me in touch with a local area dealer/installer. The got in touch with United Access Carrollton, TX and they are ordering the parts.
David

2008 Ford Taurus SEL - Oxford White
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page