Seat swapping Help! - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-06-2019, 10:29 AM Thread Starter

Trader Score: 0 reviews
Seat swapping Help!

I need some help please. I have a 2009 Taurus Limited and the driverís seat frame is broken. If you lean too far back it becomes a rocking chair. I purchased a 2008 sable chair from salvage yard and it bolts in fine. But I have two pressing problems: The power brake and gas pedals have moved all the towards the driverís seat. The pedal button does not work now with the sable chair installed. In addition the air bag light blinks and is on constantly now and has a code 49. There also is a connection on the floor that is not going anywhere. I thought it was the seat heater. My question is can I swap the seat frames and all it wires on 2009 frame 2008 to the sable seat frame?
Also does anyone have a wiring diagram for driver's seat 2009 Taurus limited?
All help will be appreciated!
PhillyBob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-06-2019, 01:19 PM
Devoted Member

Chapter: Midwest

well, my guess is your 2009 had side airbags in the seat. and these days, everything is networked together including the seats and airbags.
So if you unplugged the seat or its a different years of electronics, i wont work right in some manor.
If you can swap all the electronics from the old seat (including the part of the sear that has the airbag in it if it does) you should be ok.

bob

Bob Urz 1989 Vulcan wagon (wife crashed) 1990 Vulcan sedan (sold running) 1993 Vulcan sedan (wife crashed) 1993 Vulcan wagon (beat up like Battlestar Galactica, drove to junkyard on a sad day) 1997 Vulcan sedan (down with multiple coolant leaks), 1998 Vulcan sedan (rescued from being junked three time with broken brake lines and bad rack, hydrolocked engine replaced ) down for now
Note: wives and daughters are dangerous to your Taurus health!

If Spock drove a Taurus it would be a Vulcan
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-06-2019, 03:53 PM Thread Starter

ok that sounds fine but I dont know where to start and was hoping that someone could provide step by step help.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 12:51 PM

Chapter: West Coast
Year: 2013
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.5L Cyclone V6

Garage
So I agree with the potential issue of airbags being in your old seat. If it bolts up fine, no problem. However, you will permanently have that airbag light on your dash until it is disabled through as-built data if that's even a possibility given its more 'primitive' electrical architecture.

As far as the gas and brake pedal button, was that button to adjust them located on the seat itself or is it on the steering column?

2013 Taurus Limited - Sterling Grey Metallic | Adapted EcoBoost Turbos | PRE Tuning | Halos & Demon Eyes
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 01:11 PM
Devoted Member

Chapter: Midwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralSparklez View Post
So I agree with the potential issue of airbags being in your old seat. If it bolts up fine, no problem. However, you will permanently have that airbag light on your dash until it is disabled through as-built data if that's even a possibility given its more 'primitive' electrical architecture.

As far as the gas and brake pedal button, was that button to adjust them located on the seat itself or is it on the steering column?

what would help is images of the underneath of both seats and the plugs and electronics.
are both seats power assist?
the best way is to transfer all electronics and wiring from the broke seat to the donor.
If that's not possible, you could Frankenstein it with the old module partially hooked
up to fool the electronics. Its possible that the module in the seat was set up for
a seat air bag, but that option was not on the car and there is a jumper or such
on the module to bypass the SRS warning light. you should be able to see if there
is a airbag on the side of the seat. Its also possible that module could control
a airbag on the B pillar or above the door or such also. If you can find wiring diagrams
for both years of cars, you can study the difference between the two.

bob

Bob Urz 1989 Vulcan wagon (wife crashed) 1990 Vulcan sedan (sold running) 1993 Vulcan sedan (wife crashed) 1993 Vulcan wagon (beat up like Battlestar Galactica, drove to junkyard on a sad day) 1997 Vulcan sedan (down with multiple coolant leaks), 1998 Vulcan sedan (rescued from being junked three time with broken brake lines and bad rack, hydrolocked engine replaced ) down for now
Note: wives and daughters are dangerous to your Taurus health!

If Spock drove a Taurus it would be a Vulcan
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 03:12 PM Thread Starter

I work nights so I'm not going to be able get to this until later in the week. My question is does anyone have wiring diagram?
The power brake pedal button is on the dash left of the steering wheel.
I am not interested in the Sable seat other than the bottom metal frame. This is only thing that's broken on the Taurus. Everything works on the 2009 seat except the bottom bolts.
What I keep asking for is if anyone has a step by step tutorial on doing this. I am not focused on the Sable air bag. If someone can give me a step by step way of switching the frame from the Sable and put all the wires from the Taurus on the Sable seat frame my goal is accomplished because the Taurus seat works, no airbag light, no power pedal problem.
Thanks for comments I will try and post picture of both bottom frames later in the week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page