20mm Wheel Spacers on SHO Wheels - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By AdmiralSparklez

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 11:31 PM Thread Starter

Chapter: West Coast
Year: 2013
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.5L Cyclone V6

Garage
Trader Score: 0 reviews
20mm Wheel Spacers on SHO Wheels

Hi all!

Thought I'd show off my rear wheel spacers I finally got around to installing. Essentially what stopped me is I had to cut the studs to be shorter in order to fit the wheel over the spacer since the new spacers have new lug studs splined into them.

Note that I did not use the right spacers. Those are small slip ons that I wouldn't recommend using. The ones on the left are actual spacers with a hubcentric ring that won't break your car.

There is the gap in the rear as you can see. After lowering the car, the wheels definitely sunk in quite a bit and I very much disliked the look of it.
After installing the spacers, here is the final result:

Wheels are right at the fender and look awesome. Hopefully if anyone has been looking to fix the rear of their car after lowering it, here's the answer. These are 20mm spacers, however 15mm wouldn't look bad either.

LensDump Link: https://lensdump.com/admiralsparklez
sheila and UKfordguy like this.

2013 Taurus Limited - Sterling Grey Metallic | Adapted EcoBoost Turbos | PRE Tuning | Halos & Demon Eyes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-15-2019, 07:46 AM

Chapter: Southeast
Year: 2016
Engine: 3.5L Ti-VCT V6

i just did this as well except i used 15mm out back and 10mm upfront due to my wheels having a 35 offset. I have h&R's installed and am having rubbing issues. Have you had any rubbing?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 10:02 AM Thread Starter

Chapter: West Coast
Year: 2013
Engine: 3.5L Cyclone V6

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCgreybull View Post
i just did this as well except i used 15mm out back and 10mm upfront due to my wheels having a 35 offset. I have h&R's installed and am having rubbing issues. Have you had any rubbing?

Just saw your reply to the thread. At first, oh yes. I had rubbing. And it was viscous. But I'm on coilovers so I adjusted the back up a little more and added some preload and it was all cured.

2013 Taurus Limited - Sterling Grey Metallic | Adapted EcoBoost Turbos | PRE Tuning | Halos & Demon Eyes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page