Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

PI GRILL FOR 2015 TAURUS

9K views 25 replies 8 participants last post by  Black6 
#1 ·
Hi does anyone have a pi grill or knows where to get one under 100. Also can it be replaced without removing the entire bumper cover. Thanks

#4 ·
Gloss Black Grille Insert/Overlay

I ordered on of these waiting for it to arrive. Fits right over the existing grille, it sticks on with 3M automotive adhesive. Should last for ever and if I want it can be removed.
I read a lot of people did not like the PI and the SHO was way to expensive. Then I saw this for $137 and thought I would check it out.
https://smile.amazon.com/Fits-13-18...srs=15273695011&ie=UTF8&qid=1525992034&sr=8-3

Attachments

#7 ·
If you guys would like to have the SHO grill at the end of the day, go to car-part.com

They have a bunch of salvage Tauruses and other cars that you can snag parts from at a pretty cheap price. That's where I got my SYNC3 unit for $75. I even got my Explorer Platinum steering wheel from there, as well as a new gauge cluster I'm gonna try and retrofit into my car. Typically you'd just find a listing with the price and condition you like, call the business who listed it, and make an order. Again, I'd super recommend this website if any of you really wanna find parts that weren't impacted in an accident and are just being sold at a discount.

I did just check for the grill on there and it's looking like there's one for $295, and a couple others listed.

#13 ·
I put the pi grill on my 2014 metallic grey bull,i love the look of it, the only negative is
that it looks
like a cop car now and people slow down when i get behind them on the highway! Lol.
id post pics if i knew how to on this site.
I bought mine on ebay for pretty cheap and its an oem ford part.

#22 ·
Your car looks relay good, nice job!
I had a quote for a little over $300 for the PI and could do it my self for about $150, but I am not very good with tools. I thought I would never get my car back together right. So I settled for the stick on.
"A mans gata know his limitations" Heard that in a Clint Eastwood movie LOL.

Looking at your car is making me re-think that decision, like I said very nice. And you have superb airflow, mine chokes it a bit.

Took the Tape on grille to my mechanic a very good one, and he said he did not see any problem with it.
To double check went to the local dealer and they also said it was fine.
Oh well if the tape starts to have issues I think I will go PI like that look.

The cars slowing down in front of you, I used to get that a lot in my old VIC.
Trick is to come up on a car in the left lane a little fast and most will instinctively sweep out of the way to the right.

#19 ·
Looks great. I like the overall look with the 50% tint? Looks like around 50%.

The PI looks fantastic and the wheels you chose definitely give the car character. The side shot is especially cool. Really unique, although...

You have a Broncos plate and live in KC? I mean, I dislike Andy Reid as much as the next guy, but you must get tons of **** (from the people that don't think your a cop!)

#21 ·
Ah, 35%. It looks good.

Truth be told I do not prefer limo all the way around unless you plan on replacing your windshield and tinting it as well otherwise it doesn't look as clean in my honest opinion.

Now, my friend had a 2003 Terminator black on black with gray racing stripes limo tint all the way around and he replaced his windshield and added limo to it as well and let's just say that Pony was an absolute animal and LOOKED like it too.

Sometimes the cops would stop him to give him crap about the tint, but sometimes the cops would stop him just to see the car because it was such a head turner.

40 series Flowmasters, X pipe, performance tune and some other mods on top of it being a Terminator and back then there wasn't these 400+ HP stock Ponies on the streets.

It ate up just about every car it ran into.

Either way, my point (besides the Pony story) is that sometimes a car looks BETTER with certain tints. Not too light, but not blacked out.

You hit the mark spot on.

#23 ·
Thanks! a friend of mine has a 2014 sho and i loved the way his grill looked,so i decided to put one on mine, i actually like the pi grill better,not a fan of the chrome bezel the sho's have.

That grill isnt that expensive, i will look on my ebay and see if i can find the link and post it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.