Firm Ride - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 08:23 AM Thread Starter

Trader Score: 0 reviews
Firm Ride

So, I’ve searched and searched for an explanation on a firm ride. I’m looking to replace the shocks/struts possibly springs. I see people say they like a firm ride but I don’t know what that means. My end goal is to have a ride that is smooth and I don’t feel every bump in the road. I would like a ride that kind of floats if you will. The rear is lower than it should be which is why I’m looking to replace them. After reading people’s posts, it seems better to do them all at once. I know there’s quick struts fully assembled, but some say to use different brands of springs with another brand of shocks. I’ve seen MOOG thrown around. I’m not very knowledgeable when it comes to suspension. I’ve changed some before on other vehicles but just bought the autoparts store brands. Didn’t know there were so many different options.

2006 Ford Taurus SEL 130k
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 10:27 AM
Crazy Devoted Member

Chapter: Midwest
Year: 1998
Model: Mercury Sable
Engine: 3.0L 24v Duratec V6

Trader Score: 1 reviews
KYB...
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 09:49 AM

Chapter: Southeast
Year: 2017
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.5L Cyclone V6

Trader Score: 0 reviews
I used quick struts on my '06 Ford 500 and was not happy. I ended up tearing them apart (defeating the purpose) to replace the upper mounts because it failed front end alignment (bad mounts). The ride seemed very stiff after replacement. I wish I had gone OEM which I will next time. Tires make a huge difference on how smooth the ride will be, so look at that also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page