Question about steering column sensor ring & lower bearing spring - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 09:15 PM Thread Starter

Chapter: West Coast
Year: 2004
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.0L 24v Duratec V6

Trader Score: 0 reviews
Question about steering column sensor ring & lower bearing spring

After completing the adjustable pedal install, my steering feels heavier and tighter.

Part of the install included reinstalling the steering column coupler and torquing the pinch bolt to spec.

When I installed the coupler, I may have compressed the lower bearing spring a little.

Could this be why the steering feels heavier than before?

What function do the sensor ring and bearing spring perform?

2004 Taurus SES Duratec 107k

Upgrades: Mach RCU & Tweeters, Bluetooth, Ford Cargo Tray, LED Trunk Lighting, Headlight Relays, Adjustable Pedals
Running on: Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus, Pennzoil Platinum 5w20 & Fram Pro Synthetic Filter, Valvoline MERCON V, Valvoline DOT 3&4, ZEREX G-05, Top Tier Regular Gas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page