Speaker Sizes For All Gens - Page 5 - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-10-2009, 05:49 PM

Trader Score: 0 reviews
QUOTE (Qwertz9586 @ May 10 2009, 01:05 AM)
Quote:
Yes, Crutchfield sill offers the speaker harness adapters for free with purchase of speakers. I believe they are made by Metra. Scosche also makes the speaker harness adapters. They can be found in many auto part stores or eBay.[/b]
yeah just founbd that out today and they also give u free 6x8 to 5-1/4 speaker adapters too. that relly opens up yer speaker options alot. just not shure how much clearnce i will have for my gen 4. becase i know thos 3 ways dont sit flush like 1way speakers do. found a nice set HERE, but not sure if top-mount depth: 1-3/4" is enough.

Alice

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-10-2009, 06:09 PM

took a coser look at websit n feel dumb now if u fill out all the car info willl sow u if speakers have enough clearnace lol

Alice

post #43 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 03:57 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to antball5485
Does anyone know what the mounting depth is for the front door speakers in a Gen 4 (2003)? BTW: I have the regular system with 6x8s all the way around.

-----------------
Anthony B.

2003 Ford Taurus SES with SHO qualities

post #44 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 11:37 AM

I just got done putting new rear speakers in my 91. Sorry no pics, but the stock size is 6x8 rather than 6x9 as the first post says. There are holes to screw in the 6x9 but the metal is bent in such a way that they must be mounted under. Also the parcel shelf cover wouldn't come off unless I also took out the back pillar covers or whatever those are called, in addition to the lower and upper rear seat. It was a bigger job than I expected but now it's a big improvement over the old ones.
post #45 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-13-2009, 10:36 AM

Did the front speakers on my 91. Stock size was 6.5 I assume because they were the same diameter as the 6.5 replacement I got. There were no usable screw holes so I had to drill new ones, but other than that, they went in nice and easy.
post #46 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 04:24 PM

Does anybody have the wiring diagrams for the Gen 1? I have an '86 Sable and I'm trying to put in a custom speaker setup. I'm also having trouble with the memory cable.
post #47 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 08:22 PM

Well I sure hope 6.5s with fit the front in my SHO. I just ordered the Sony Xplod GT09HP bundle with 6.5s and 6x9s. $80 online, free ship to store, and $12 cash back with bing. May not be the best but should beat stock setups and is better than the nothing I have now.

I measured across the face of the stock bracket and got roughly 6.25". Are speaker's actual dimensions undersized? Or will I be getting the grinder out?
post #48 of 61 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 07:04 PM

QUOTE (damarble @ Jan 21 2010, 09:22 PM)
Quote:
Well I sure hope 6.5s with fit the front in my SHO. I just ordered the Sony Xplod GT09HP bundle with 6.5s and 6x9s. $80 online, free ship to store, and $12 cash back with bing. May not be the best but should beat stock setups and is better than the nothing I have now.

I measured across the face of the stock bracket and got roughly 6.25". Are speaker's actual dimensions undersized? Or will I be getting the grinder out?[/b]
The answer is yes!
post #49 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-24-2010, 11:05 AM

Chapter: Pacific Northwest

Anybody have best speaker recommendations for a 2002 taurus SEL sedan (Gen 4 I believe) I want to be able to boost that system, it is nice the one it came with as stock, but looking for a little more volume level, and possibly bass. You guys said a woofer can't be done in them?
post #50 of 61 (permalink) Old 08-05-2010, 09:20 PM

Speaker defect spotted!
just a quick observation I made today:
It appears my gen3 Taurus speakers (Mach audio system) were dying one after the other... They became seized, the cone would not move anymore. Turns out the magnet and accompanying pole piece become loose and move somehow (from vibration/blow), and gets stuck against the voice coil. Yesterday I unstuck my driver power window (which would not go up again) with a rubber mallet blow: my window got unstuck, but my speaker became dead! Magnet assembly is originally bonded to the speaker frame, but rust destroys that bond and magnet/pole piece becomes free (still held by magnetism, but can get misaligned).

Last edited by P.O.; 08-05-2010 at 09:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page