LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 05:45 PM Thread Starter

Chapter: Southeast
Year: 2006
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.0L 12v Vulcan V6

Trader Score: 0 reviews
2006 Climate Control Swap?

Is it feasible or even possible to swap the automatic climate control into a vehicle with the manual climate control?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 07:01 PM

Chapter: Midwest
Year: 2005
Engine: 3.0L 24v Duratec V6

Yes, but it isnt easy. Heater box is different, vacuum to activate mode doors is completely different, exterior ambient temp sensor needs to be installed, EATC blower fan is PWM controlled instead of a blower resistor, lots of woring needs to be added, etc, etc, etc. Probably easier and cheaper to sell your current ride and buy one with EATC.
durasel, sheila, ice445 and 1 others like this.

05 Taurus SEL Duratec - my daily driver
04 Taurus SES Duratec - wifes car - TOTALED
06 Taurus SE Vulcan - wifes new ride
95 Taurus GL Vulcan winter car
Toy #1 - 86 Tbird 5.0 (original owner) - LOTS of mods
Toy #2 - 88 Tbird Turbo Coupe - LOTS of mods
67 Honda 450 Super Sport - completely customized
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 05:04 AM
Devoted Member

Chapter: West Coast
Year: 2001
Model: Mercury Sable
Engine: 3.0L 24v Duratec V6

Garage
Trader Score: 1 reviews
As Jeff says, if you don't mind pulling the dash out of the car, then it's possible. I can't imagine it possibly being worth it though. The auto system is pretty nice for the age of the vehicles it was installed in, but the manual also works just fine.
kekaye56 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 10:11 AM

Chapter: Northeast
Year: 2000

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ForrestBob Send a message via Yahoo to ForrestBob
Good time to ask! I'm already starting this same mod. I'll try to take some photos or video while I'm at it. But price wise, the jy is your best friend. Picked up most of my stuff at U-Pull-N-Pay during their pull-a-thon; all you can carry for $74.99, so I can't tell you how much it would normally run.

Here's what you'll need:
ICP* (it's worth disassembling and cleaning/relubing the cassette first) ~found first on eBay for $20, a good deal. bought three more at jy
Blower Resistor (it's much bigger than the manual) ~bought used on eBay for $20 with a spare blower. but I've seem the part go for $100!
Blend Door Actuator (black housing is for EATC, white for manual) ~bought new oem for $20
RCC (mounts next to the blend door, has the vaccum lines comming from it) ~gotta go back to the yard, ran out of time during the event
Vaccum Lines (comming from the RCC, different end than manual) ~back to the yard again
Inside Temperature Sensor (usually comes mounted to the ICP. Usually dusty, be gentile cleaning) ~both came with ICPs
Air Hose for Sensor (white hose comming off ICP, could probably fabricate) ~got first section, gotta get the second. to the yard!
Outside Temperature Sensor (mounts behind grill, if you have temp. on your dash/cluster, you already have this) ~still gottta get this. might buy new. idk
Sunload Sensor (mounts on defrost vent. If you have auto headlights, you already have this. Be warned as I've heard these have a rather high jy failure rate) ~will buy new for $30
Box Fan/Climate Controlled Garage/Lots Of Cloud Cover ~Death has forsaken me on this one
A Lot Of Pepsi ~it's cheaper to buy 2L

Optional:
Headlight switch (if you wanna add auto headlights. It's pretty simple)
Gauge cluster (if you wanna add an outside temp display. This is a much more advanced mod)
Defroster vent (only if you don't wanna Dremel your existing one)
Wood bezel ('cause why not)

*It's worth mentioning that 2000-2003 and 2004-2006 are NOT compatible. Check the controls, if you have an "Outside Temp" button, its the earlier model.
And for whatever reason, Ford never combined a CD player into the EATC. So you'll either have to live with tape (which I do!) or put a 6-disc changer in (which ill also do)

Most problems are the result of a loose nut connecting the steering wheel to the pedals.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MY SPIRIT ANIMAL IS A WALRUS

Last edited by ForrestBob; 05-28-2019 at 10:17 AM.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 11:22 AM

Chapter: Northeast
Year: 2000

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ForrestBob Send a message via Yahoo to ForrestBob
In fact, here's a link to someone who's done it already, although half the images don't work
https://www.taurusowners.com/topic/1...ith-2000-2007/

Most problems are the result of a loose nut connecting the steering wheel to the pedals.

MY SPIRIT ANIMAL IS A WALRUS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page