power windows, dome light, mirrows - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 10:49 AM Thread Starter

Trader Score: 0 reviews
power windows, dome light, mirrows

Hello, this question in regards to a 2000 Taurus. In trying to remove the barrel light bulb in the trunk I blew the light out using a metal key, or so I though. Come to find out the power windows, dome light and apparently the power mirrors all stopped working immediately after leading me to believe a fuse or possibly a module was blown/damaged. Nothing in the owners manual relates any of these functions with a particular fuse. I've already checked the fuse box under the hood and will be checking the one under the dashboard soon, any ideas where the problem might be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 09:17 PM

Chapter: Midwest
Year: 2002
Model: Mercury Sable
Engine: 3.0L 12v Vulcan V6

If you break or pull out the trunk light bulb while its on it will blow fuses. Happen to me because i pulled out the bulb while it was on. I am always tinkering around with tools i have in my trunk and so i didn't want to kill my battery by having the trunk open for long periods of time.

Last edited by Bannerj29; 03-21-2019 at 09:22 PM.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 10:41 PM Thread Starter

I was removing the trunk light for exactly the same reason, wanted to leave the trunk open for awhile so that it could dry out. Do you remember which fuses were blown, was it more than one. also was it the fuse box under the dash or under the hood.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in