LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-24-2018, 12:23 PM Thread Starter

Chapter: Southern
Year: 1999
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.0L 24v Duratec V6

Trader Score: 0 reviews
99 Taurus Electrical Problems

I have a 99 Taurus with a Duratec engine. I am having problems with the cooling fans and blower fan in my car. it started when my A/C compressor burned up due to running with no freon. Replaced compressor with bypass pulley so I can use same belt. The problem is that now my cooling fans do not work properly, also climate controls including blower fan inside do not work. Checked both the blower and cooling fans by jumping them, both work fine. The only way I can get the cooling fans working is to disconnect one of the wires to the coolant temp sensor, however both fans run constantly when car is running. The blower is working because I hot wired it to a toggle switch, also that is the only way my climate controls will work. Once thought it was head unit with EATC, replaced with 3 other units still same problem. Looking under hood in relay box I noticed that the plug where the A/C clutch relay is plugged is burnt, also it will blow relays about once every other month, I have to get extras when I have to go to junkyard in order to have one when the next one blows.I can do without A/C for now but I cannot keep going with these problems, I am afraid that I will kill my engine if I do not do anything!! Is there someone out there that can help me with this problem, if it is a wiring problem, please point me in the right direction. I love my Taurus and I don't want to lose it!!! Have had the car since 2005 with 64K miles and now I have over 250K miles on it and it's still going strong and I want to drive it until the tires fall off.Thanks, Kevo02

Last edited by Kevo02; 05-31-2018 at 09:15 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-24-2018, 01:39 PM
Crazy Devoted Member

Chapter: Northeast
Year: 2003
Model: Mercury Sable

Garage
Not your year but the A/C relay goes to 2 things. The clutch coil and a diode. In this case the relay needs to be removed. It does nothing but feed 2 things you do not need. If in your year it does something else also, you need to be sure the wire to the A/C coil is not hooked to anything or shorted as well as the diode.

-chart-
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AChotwireDiag.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	204679  
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-24-2018, 02:23 PM Thread Starter

Does not apply to my car, it also controls the radiator fans, when the relay goes bad the fans will not work and engine overheats

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-24-2018, 10:36 PM
Play Nice or Don't Play

Chapter: Northeast
Year: 1998
Model: Ford Taurus SHO
Engine: 3.4L Yamaha V8

After making sure the wires and connector to the compressor aren't shorting you can check the wiring diagrams for your year for points of commonality by using this site:
BBB Industries- Premium Alternators, Starters, Power Steering Products | TSB's & Wiring Diagrams

It's SHO time!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 11:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag1959 View Post
After making sure the wires and connector to the compressor aren't shorting you can check the wiring diagrams for your year for points of commonality by using this site:
BBB Industries- Premium Alternators, Starters, Power Steering Products | TSB's & Wiring Diagrams
I think I need to start with the remote climate control module (RCC), where is it and also the blower motor relay, I have automatic climate control. This may be the reason my blower doesn't work.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 12:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevo02 View Post
I think I need to start with the remote climate control module (RCC), where is it and also the blower motor relay, I have automatic climate control. This may be the reason my blower doesn't work.

Also, I think there may be a bad connection Between Integrated Control Panel and Remote Climate Control Module that is keeping blower from operating, is it possible?
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 10:29 PM
Crazy Devoted Member

Chapter: Midwest
Year: 1998
Model: Mercury Sable

Trader Score: 1 reviews
Rcc module connects to the blower fan. Iirc, under dash/glovebox.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-02-2018, 08:30 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheila View Post
Rcc module connects to the blower fan. Iirc, under dash/glovebox.
Thanks Shelia, The control panel will not operate the blower fan even though you can adjust the vents and temperature, also the unit will not allow me to self-diagnose, function does not work. but when I jump one of the wires on the blower relay module, fan comes on and diagnostic works as well.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 11:04 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Sheila,

I found the problem, it was the remote climate control module, a circuit inside burned out. Replaced it with one from JY, works just fine now.
sheila likes this.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 11:12 AM Thread Starter

Still have problem with cooling fans, still blowing relays for some reason, for now I have unplugged the coolant temperature sensor which makes both fans run constantly while car is running, and does not blow relays.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page