Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1995 has a peculiar battery drain

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  98indy500 
#1 ·
On my 1995 taurus GL with a 3.0 I have a very weird battery drain that will leave the battery nearly dead within about 24-36 hours. I havent measured the actual amount of drain with a meter but it will light up a test light fairly bright. It is on fuse #8 labeled for the interior lights, power locks, clock, radio memory, glove box light, instrument lights, trunk light, and key in ignition chime. with the test light connected and the doors shut I can make the test light come on by just raising the door handle. when it does this the radio speakers also make a faint but audible "tick tick tick" sound. I can make the battery drain go away by simply moving the door lock button or even opening the trunk. I have been unhooking and rehooking several connectors under the dash in an attempt to locate the source of this mysterious drain but as of yet no prevail........Also as a side note my son was driving this car to college last year and it stalled on him twice and as of yet we have figured out why. A certified mechanic looked at it as well with no clue as to why. Im not sure if the two issues are related but they are both mysterious situations. The car only has about 77,000 original miles on it and is completely original.:huh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.