Few questions about the AC and EATC - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-09-2013, 12:01 AM Thread Starter

Chapter: Northeast
Year: 2003
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.0L 24v Duratec V6

Trader Score: 0 reviews
Few questions about the AC and EATC

Sorry I wasn't entirely sure where to post this.

I have a few questions relating to how the manual AC control system works and how the EATC system works and it's differences to the manual system.

First, how does the temperature knob on the manual system work? Does it directly correlate to how much the blend door is opened or closed, like if I have it at 20% heating, does the blend door open a predefined amount or does it measure the temperature and adjust the blend door until the desired temperature comes out?

Relating to the top question, does the EATC system work the exact same way in MAX AC mode or are there any differences?

Second, I have EATC in my 03 and whenever I hit the MAX AC button, when I try to select an airflow direction MAX AC turns off. Does this mean that its going back to automatic temperature control or its still manual? Why can't I have MAX AC going to the footwell vents?

Last, and also relating to the second question is when I chose MAX AC and then try to pick an airflow direction, does it still use circulated air or does it start drawing air from outside since the MAX AC light goes out?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-09-2013, 12:07 AM
Play Nice or Don't Play

Year: 1998
Model: Ford Taurus SHO
Engine: 3.4L Yamaha V8

Manual control is just that, it's output is adjusted manually. It does not adjust itself.
Max a/c is not max cold to be directed where you want. It is the most efficient setup for rapid cooling not temperature output.

The owners manuals have a pretty good description. You can download one here:
http://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenance/owner-manuals/

It's SHO time!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by jag1959; 11-09-2013 at 12:10 AM.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-09-2013, 12:23 AM
Devoted Member

Chapter: Pacific Northwest

Drawing heat OUT of the inside air through the evaporator. Mine blows 42 dgs. in1-1/2 to 2 mins try a prod thermometer in your vent to see what kind of blend your getting on different positions of your temp. control.

Last edited by 249hp; 11-09-2013 at 12:37 AM.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-09-2013, 12:04 PM Thread Starter

Year: 2003
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.0L 24v Duratec V6

Ok I think I get it. So does that mean that manual system have direct control, not adjusted in anynway? I always thought that the manual system only measured the temperature of the air coming out the blend door, while the auto system measured both the temp coming out of the blend door and the temperature inside the cabin.

Thanks for explaining why max ac cant go to the footwell, makes sense. But @jag if max ac is for rapid cooling how come I can set the temp to max and it'll blow very hot air but still blow it through the center dash vents? Sorry if its a silly question, it's confusing because in auto mode it will blow to the footwell vents when heating.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-09-2013, 12:26 PM
Play Nice or Don't Play

Year: 1998
Model: Ford Taurus SHO
Engine: 3.4L Yamaha V8

A manual sertting is a constant, no adjustment is made except by the operator. Rapid cooling is achieved by recirculation of cooled inside air. Essentially it is the use of interior versus exterior air for climate control

It's SHO time!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by jag1959; 11-09-2013 at 12:30 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page