Changing battery... - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-11-2013, 12:20 AM Thread Starter

Chapter: West Coast

Trader Score: 0 reviews
Changing battery...

Hey soon I am going to be changing my battery, but the battery group size is a 36r. Those are like gone! lol I am wondering if I can change to another battery group size...like a group 34 battery. I know I will need to install the tray for that battery. My second question is will that tray fit the OE tray that is currently holding my 36r battery? I know it is kind of confusing but clarify please..since im rambling on and on, on this forum lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-11-2013, 12:39 AM
Devoted Member

Chapter: Northern

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylenclass View Post
Hey soon I am going to be changing my battery, but the battery group size is a 36r. Those are like gone! lol I am wondering if I can change to another battery group size...like a group 34 battery. I know I will need to install the tray for that battery. My second question is will that tray fit the OE tray that is currently holding my 36r battery? I know it is kind of confusing but clarify please..since im rambling on and on, on this forum lol.
I know when I replaced my battery less than a year ago Walmart carried the correct size. It's made by Johnson Controls, and Walmart has warranties on their car batteries. You also get a core return if you still have your old battery.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

David

2004 SEL Comfort ~ Shadow Grey Metallic ~ Mach upgrade with Pioneer speakers in the doors and Kenwood speakers in the rear deck ~ tinted windows ~ amber rear turn signal mod
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-11-2013, 12:49 AM
Play Nice or Don't Play

Chapter: Northeast
Year: 1998
Model: Ford Taurus SHO
Engine: 3.4L Yamaha V8

Sears had choices available in 36R last week when I put one in my niece's Sable

Sears Item# 02833036000 | Model# 33036

It's SHO time!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-11-2013, 01:39 AM Thread Starter

Well I want to get an optima red top and a optima yellow top for the trunk but the closest size is a 34 group. I need it because my current battery is three years old and if I buy a battery for the back and install it, then it will deplete the starting battery and the new battery. So yeah. That's where my dilemma is
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-11-2013, 01:40 AM Thread Starter

The red oo is going to be the starting battery
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-11-2013, 02:23 AM
Devoted Member

Is your current battery failing? 3 years isn't necessarily the normal life span for a car battery.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

David

2004 SEL Comfort ~ Shadow Grey Metallic ~ Mach upgrade with Pioneer speakers in the doors and Kenwood speakers in the rear deck ~ tinted windows ~ amber rear turn signal mod
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-11-2013, 02:51 AM

If you have an O'reilly's they should have a 36R on hand ant if they don't there's no reason why they couldn't order you one. Get a battery that fits, not one that'll work. Improper fitting batteries are a safety and fire issue. Also, 3 years is a bit short for a battery's life. I'm going on 7 years with my battery and I live in North Dakota and my car never sees the inside of a garage, even in the dead of winter.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-11-2013, 03:16 AM
Devoted Member

Chapter: Northeast
Year: 2001
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.0L 24v Duratec V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JATO View Post
If you have an O'reilly's they should have a 36R on hand ant if they don't there's no reason why they couldn't order you one. Get a battery that fits, not one that'll work. Improper fitting batteries are a safety and fire issue. Also, 3 years is a bit short for a battery's life. I'm going on 7 years with my battery and I live in North Dakota and my car never sees the inside of a garage, even in the dead of winter.
It's actually heat that kills a battery. In cold states they tend to last longer. I've gotten between 6-8 years on a battery, but I've heard they might only last 3-5 years in a southern state where it gets pretty hot.

2001 Taurus SEL
24V DOHC
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-11-2013, 07:46 AM

Chapter: Southeast

34/34R will also fit.. 34R won't require any modifications

Owner of SounDriveOwner of Team Audiomatic

04 Tahoe
04 Taurus
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-11-2013, 09:03 AM
Has It Been That Long?

Year: 2010
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.5L Cyclone V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrysel View Post
It's actually heat that kills a battery. In cold states they tend to last longer. I've gotten between 6-8 years on a battery, but I've heard they might only last 3-5 years in a southern state where it gets pretty hot.
And even that isn't a hard and fast rule. I had at least five years on a Bosch battery in my F-250, and it was used when we got the truck, not to mention it already looked a couple of years old.

Holly: 2003 Taurus SES Deluxe, Duratec, spoiler, moonroof, OEM Centennials, JBL Audio. April '14 COTM winner.
Jill: 2010 Taurus SEL, 3.5L Duratec, Sync.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page