Keypad Code Location Faqs Sheet - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 64 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 11:14 AM Thread Starter

Trader Score: 0 reviews
Keypad Info, condensed and added to the wiki w/pictures:
https://www.taurusclub.com/wiki/index.php/1...and_Programming

------------

Keypad Code Location FAQ’s Sheet

Location of code:

If a used car look in the glove box, written down somewhere, in the manual or on a card? If not try the suggested locations below. The factory code is a 5-digit number (5 large numbers) The factory code can’t be changed.

You may need an inspection (dentist) mirror and a flashlight.

The new models. According to the manual, the code should be on the computer module.
The code; it’s not actually on a sticker, but it's embossed into the right-hand side of the plastic housing for the computer, just to the left of the steering column under the dash.
Pictures of this item:
https://www.taurusclub.com/forum/uploads/po...-1150833588.jpg
https://www.taurusclub.com/forum/uploads/po...-1150833768.jpg

On the 01 it is in the same place as the picture of the 06 but it is on a sticker. It looks like it is bolted in between the computer module and the firewall.

https://www.taurusclub.com/forum/index.php?...ic=7006&hl= older model 97 location picture

Look above the gas pedal. On any side of the fuse box (May be gray or white in color) on a sticker possibly w/tape over it?

For Gen. 1 and 2 owners, Ford stamped it on the trunk lid bar. Or the code may be on a sticker on the inside of the trunk lid. The sticker could be white with pink numbers. Also, if you go into the trunk, you can see the black, cardboard-looking board that is behind the rear seats. If you pull that back, from the left-hand side (driver side), you should see the computer, which should have the code printed on it.

Keypad control:

On all g3 and g4 Taurus keypads:
Press anytime the 7/8 and 9/0 buttons at the same time, all doors will lock.
Type your code then: 3/4 to unlock all doors, 5/6 to open the trunk.
Press any button will illuminate the keypad, door locks and interior lights.
Either the factory code or the private code can be used for all functions. The factory code cannot be changed, however you may create a personal code if you want. If you have your owners manual, go to the section about keyless entry and it will be in there. NOTE. If someone finds out the factory code it's like having a key to the car forever.

Programming private code. Basic way to do it.
Step 1. Think of a new code.
Step 2. Enter the Ford factory code.
Step 3. Press 1/2 within five seconds of entering the factory code.
Step 4. Enter the first digit of the new code within five seconds of pressing 1/2. Enter each remaining digit with in five second of the last digit entered. Wait 20 seconds. Try new code.

Keypad:
The keypad is hardwired to the electrical system

"New" keyless entry pads. Apparently they use the same frequency as the remotes to your car so no wires are needed. Are now available. You need remote entry installed for this option. https://www.taurusclub.com/archive/index.ph...9&hl=keypad

Worst case scenario, if you can't find it... the dealer can pull the code out of the module with a scan tool.

All information was taken from the TCCA forums and placed here for your convenience not sure of accuracy. Information listed varies by model year.

Thanks goes to all who posted information on the forums for helping with gathering this information.

SC from TEXAS GULF COAST

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 64 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 11:18 AM
Devoted Member

Good info and research. Pinned

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Current Ride: 2004 Chevrolet Impala SS Indianapolis Motor Speedway Edition - #1752 of 4088
-3.8L SC Engine - 240 hp, 270 tq, 87,000 miles
- PFC front pads|Silverstar Ultra Headlights & High Beams|K&N CAI|Optima Redtop Battery|17"x7.5" Sort Edition F7 Rims|Kumho Escta SPT Tires

Old Ride: 1998 Taurus SE Sport with the Duratec 122k miles - October 2006 COTM
K&N Filter|JVC KD-G300|2 10" Lightning Audio Subs|450W Lightning Audio Amp|Silverstars|PFC Pads, Duralast Rotors (Rear)|EBC Greenstuff Pads and Duralast Rotors (Front)|Hadyen Tranny Cooler|Pioneer 2-way 6"x8" Speakers|Polk Aduio 6.5" components|KYBs w/ SHO Springs|23mm Rear Swaybar|Gen III SHO Wheels w/ Ponteza G009s|SFCs|FSTB|SHO Bros High Flow Y-pipe

post #3 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-06-2006, 07:33 PM

Chapter: Northeast

dealer was going to charge $39 just to read my code. THANK YOU!

FS: One (1) 16" Sport Slicer wheel in good condition. $35 + actual shipping from Cincinnati area.

post #4 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-07-2006, 03:40 PM

Dealer wants $90 to pull my code. I still have not found it in a year LOL. I was hoping the above list would help me locate it but it wasn't in any of those places *sigh.

I think I will go give it another look see once it stops raining.

Great info though!

post #5 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-07-2006, 06:32 PM
Technical Advisor

Chapter: Southeast

Trader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bull geek Send a message via MSN to bull geek
Quote:
Originally posted by TWDesigns@Nov 7 2006, 04:40 PM
Dealer wants $90 to pull my code. I still have not found it in a year LOL. I was hoping the above list would help me locate it but it wasn't in any of those places *sigh.

I think I will go give it another look see once it stops raining.

Great info though!
You are the second 2000 SEL owner I know of that can't find the dang code. If you go back under the dash, have you looked on the back side of the fusebox? Did you find any tape covering up anything?

--Nick
-'66 Ford Country Squire wagon 390/C6
-'87 & '89 Mercury Colony Park wagons 302 EFI/AOD
-'90 Lincoln Town Car 302 EFI/AOD
-'03 Lincoln Town Car 4.6L/4R70W

former '87 Taurus 3.0 GL sedan, '87 Taurus 3.0 GL Wagon, '97 Taurus SHO 3.4 V8 sedan, '00 Taurus SEL 3.0 24V
post #6 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-07-2006, 07:09 PM

No tape anywhere that I could see and nada on the sides or back of the fuse box. I am going to look some more tomorrow...

post #7 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-07-2006, 07:19 PM
Technical Advisor

Chapter: Southeast

Trader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bull geek Send a message via MSN to bull geek
Quote:
Originally posted by TWDesigns@Nov 7 2006, 08:09 PM
No tape anywhere that I could see and nada on the sides or back of the fuse box. I am going to look some more tomorrow...
Keep us posted man. Looks like 00's are the ones causing trouble.

--Nick
-'66 Ford Country Squire wagon 390/C6
-'87 & '89 Mercury Colony Park wagons 302 EFI/AOD
-'90 Lincoln Town Car 302 EFI/AOD
-'03 Lincoln Town Car 4.6L/4R70W

former '87 Taurus 3.0 GL sedan, '87 Taurus 3.0 GL Wagon, '97 Taurus SHO 3.4 V8 sedan, '00 Taurus SEL 3.0 24V
post #8 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-08-2006, 11:06 AM

OK I grabbed an extending mirror while I was at Autozone. Getting my flash light, if I'm not back in an hour someone come get me!

post #9 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-08-2006, 12:08 PM

Well after a long search it turned out to be on the computer module after all!
The mirror really helped narrow it down. Mine was located in the Top Right corner area of the Computer Module. It was behind the module on a break away paper tab.

[img]http://www.tommywhite.com/uploads/post-242.jpg' alt='' width='640' height='480' class='attach' />

After a couple good pulls it snapped in half but I managed to pull the rest off.

Here is what mine looked like after pulled.
[img]http://www.tommywhite.com/uploads/code.jpg' alt='' width='334' height='84' class='attach' />

(someone can grab that pic and add it to the first post if needed. I wasn't sure how to upload images to the forums as above)

post #10 of 64 (permalink) Old 02-06-2007, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Well after a long search it turned out to be on the computer module after all!
The mirror really helped narrow it down. Mine was located in the Top Right corner area of the Computer Module. It was behind the module on a break away paper tab.

After a couple good pulls it snapped in half but I managed to pull the rest off.

Here is what mine looked like after pulled.

(someone can grab that pic and add it to the first post if needed. I wasn't sure how to upload images to the forums as above)
[/b]
lucky guys. i don't find it any way!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page