For anyone looking to convert all the lightbulbs to LED.... - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-22-2012, 02:40 AM Thread Starter

Chapter: Southeast

Trader Score: 0 reviews
Thumbs up For anyone looking to convert all the lightbulbs to LED....

Super Bright LEDs now offer electronic flashers, which eliminate the need to splice in load resistors to keep the LEDs from flashing fast. Just replace the stock flasher unit in the fuse box with this, and you will be good to use LED bulbs.

There's no fitment guide, so you'd have to pull the factory flasher and match it up with one on the website

Flashers & Load Resistors | Car Bulb Installation Supplies | LED Car Bulbs | Super Bright LEDs

"If I had money, I'll tell you what I'd do.... I'd go downtown and buy a Mercury or 2, crazy about a Mercury. Yeah, I'm crazy about a Mercury. I'm gonna buy me a Mercury and cruise it up and down the road!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

- Alan Jackson - "Mercury Blues"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-22-2012, 02:56 AM

Trader Score: 1 reviews
flashers

this is a good find, thanks
should be stickyed
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-22-2012, 10:23 AM

Chapter: Northeast

I never understood why people even put resistors (spelling??) in with LEDs. The whole point of LEDs is to draw less power out of the electrical systems (and it looks sweet and sometimes brighter) but putting a resistor in just uses the same amount of energy. But the different flasher really helps.

Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently - Henry Ford

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-22-2012, 11:07 AM
Devoted Member

Because without the resistors the turn signals become hyperflash and just look silly.
SoNic67 and WoodyCA like this.

2010 Ford Taurus SHO-Livernois 4+X Tune, Airaid CAI, Caliper Covers, Tinted Taillights, Tinted Headlights, LED Interior Lighting, LED Puddle Lamps and License Lights, SHO Hood Stripes, Rearranged Trunk Badging, 3 Bar MAP Sensor, 160 Evenflo Thermostat, V3 Triton Switchback LED Front Parking/Turn Signal, EBC Slotted/Dimpled Rotors w/EBC Yellowstuff Pads
2013 Ford Explorer Limited-Wife's Tow Vehicle
1999 Ford Taurus SE Wagon-'Our Family Truckster"
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-26-2013, 03:49 AM

I picked up a flasher relay from aliexpress.com for little over 6 bucks and works great with my led's
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-10-2014, 08:18 PM

Chapter: Pacific Northwest

are the LED's on that website cheap chinese ones, or actual quality units that could pass for OEM installed? I'd never do an LED conversion if it turns out like 80% of the junk ricer cheap LED's that I see on the road...

1998 Toreador Red Ford Taurus SHO V8
go: K&N custom CAI, Borla ProXS mufflers, 3rd cat delete, PowerStop drilled/slotted brakes, Gen 2 transmission cooler, Ingalls adjustable rear suspension, KYB struts + Moog springs, welded, etc.
SHOw: 17" Sport Edition F11 & Michelin Pilot Sport AS3's in 235/45, SHO custom center caps, chrome V8 fender badges, tint

2012 Volkswagen Jetta Highline TDI M6 - tint, Class 1 trailer hitch, sold

2009 Pontiac G8 GT - many mods... gone, but not forgotten
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-10-2014, 10:21 PM Thread Starter

Chapter: Southeast

DEFINITELY not Chinese. Been using them since 3 just over 3 years ago (starting with my gauge lights, and everything still works!

"If I had money, I'll tell you what I'd do.... I'd go downtown and buy a Mercury or 2, crazy about a Mercury. Yeah, I'm crazy about a Mercury. I'm gonna buy me a Mercury and cruise it up and down the road!"

- Alan Jackson - "Mercury Blues"

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-20-2014, 04:53 PM

Chapter: Pacific Northwest

anyone have any running examples of these yet in a day/night vid? I like the idea of this if its what I'm after, it'd compliment a bi-xenon projector retrofit well I think

EDIT

So I think they're definitely quality units. anyone have a type of bulb viewing angle splash write-up conversion guide? so many different kinds its hard to figure just what to replace everything with...

1998 Toreador Red Ford Taurus SHO V8
go: K&N custom CAI, Borla ProXS mufflers, 3rd cat delete, PowerStop drilled/slotted brakes, Gen 2 transmission cooler, Ingalls adjustable rear suspension, KYB struts + Moog springs, welded, etc.
SHOw: 17" Sport Edition F11 & Michelin Pilot Sport AS3's in 235/45, SHO custom center caps, chrome V8 fender badges, tint

2012 Volkswagen Jetta Highline TDI M6 - tint, Class 1 trailer hitch, sold

2009 Pontiac G8 GT - many mods... gone, but not forgotten

Last edited by bergePanzer; 03-20-2014 at 07:12 PM.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-12-2014, 06:15 PM

Chapter: Northern

I wish I'd found this thread before I did the LED conversion on my Blazer. My only experience with LED lights was on Class 8 trucks, and those units were plug-and-play.. guess I was expecting the same here. Had no turn signals once I swapped in the LEDs, then someone explained that I needed to splice in resistors to the marker light wires. Which makes sense.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-30-2014, 09:13 AM

Year: 2004
Model: Mercury Sable
Engine: 3.0L 24v Duratec V6

Trader Score: 1 reviews
I would like to replace all bulbs on the outside with the LED, but I'm pretty confused with which bulbs to buy so they will work, and I'm not sure how to match the stock flasher (and bulbs) with the ones on the site.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page