G4 Centennial Headlight Mod.. How To Inside...56k No - Page 2 - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 163 (permalink) Old 07-19-2008, 11:08 PM
Devoted Member

Trader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to efan08
that looks awesome man, if i had a Gen 4 I would definately send you a set of mine to paint them like that

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 163 (permalink) Old 07-19-2008, 11:54 PM
Devoted Member

Chapter: Eastern Canada
Year: 1994
Model: Ford Taurus SHO
Engine: 3.0L Yamaha V6

Send a message via MSN to mooby
wow i guess we can open any headlight that way

one off mine is giving me a dimmer reflection

maybe dirt or some other thing in my disco ball

done so far discoball hid rear and front mustang gt caliper disk brake setup,moog ball joint tie rod end front and rear sway bar 24 26mm with moog blue bushing strutbar bushing 16" mag and yokohama aviz trz plus new engine and tranny on 15 jan 2006 plus new eibach coil and 07 front seat sho cluster led

post #13 of 163 (permalink) Old 07-19-2008, 11:57 PM

Send a message via AIM to lotaparamoi
Quote:
Since your headlamps were chrome and now black (except for the back reflector)...do you see a difference in lighting? Has it gone down?
[/b]
?

---------------------------Colin Hunter----------------------

-- 2001 Taurus SES

-- 3.0 Vulcan - Dual Flowmasters - KN drop in - Front lip - Nightshaded Tails - Blacked out and Clear Cornered Headlights - Eibachs and Monroes due spring 2009

-- 109k and counting!

post #14 of 163 (permalink) Old 07-20-2008, 12:05 AM Thread Starter

Chapter: Northeast

Send a message via AIM to a23dranger
i haven't seen a difference in lighting other then it seems the light beam is in more of a pattern the scattered like before.. i haven't noticed a difference that much but that could be from having h.i.d's to.. maybe if i had regular bulbs i could tell if there was a big difference in lighting or not..i mean i haven't really drove the car yet on roads other then around the block..i'll let you guys know tomorrow when i drive some back roads and such coming back from my parents house tomorrow after dinner..

later Ryan

00 SES Taurus 3.0 throttle coolant bypass, composite uim, 3rd cat/resonator delete, dual exhaust, intake, retrofits, lowered 1.25F/.75R, 22/26mm sways l.e.d puddle lamps, foot well lamps, mach one chin spoiler,04-07 tail lights with turn mod.
98 Neon, 2.4 swap w/b.s delete, 2.0 cams, udp, header, full exhaust, intake, mpp ecu, egr/emissions crap deleted, wire tuck, coilovers w/full suspension work, srt interior parts, way to much done now to list and so much more to come
post #15 of 163 (permalink) Old 07-20-2008, 09:15 AM
Devoted Member

You just saved yourself a lot of money. Good mod.

post #16 of 163 (permalink) Old 07-20-2008, 09:42 AM

Send a message via AIM to barticus
hmm. just wondering if you used the right paint. when i look at my headlights the black is very glossy, almost like the chrome. the pics might be makin it look different but it doesnt look glossy. do the headlights still shine the same? other than that it looks good, now u just need to paint the car black and add centennial rims and badges and nobody will no from the outside.

2000 Dodge Intrepid 2.7L SE- blown engine, bad tranny
2003 Ford Taurus Centennial- Current
post #17 of 163 (permalink) Old 07-20-2008, 10:28 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
hmm. just wondering if you used the right paint. when i look at my headlights the black is very glossy, almost like the chrome. the pics might be makin it look different but it doesnt look glossy. do the headlights still shine the same? other than that it looks good, now u just need to paint the car black and add centennial rims and badges and nobody will no from the outside.
[/b]

they are slightly gloassy.. i got a lower gloss paint.. i knew flat black would be way to dull and i wasn't sure if a gloss black would be too glossy. so i went with a satin-semi gloss black.. so it's not shiny but its no dull ethier..

they seem to shine the same so far.. i have to see tonight when i do some driving.. i really didn't drive the car last night other then round the block so i cant say for sure if they lighting changed.. i'll let you guys know tonight

00 SES Taurus 3.0 throttle coolant bypass, composite uim, 3rd cat/resonator delete, dual exhaust, intake, retrofits, lowered 1.25F/.75R, 22/26mm sways l.e.d puddle lamps, foot well lamps, mach one chin spoiler,04-07 tail lights with turn mod.
98 Neon, 2.4 swap w/b.s delete, 2.0 cams, udp, header, full exhaust, intake, mpp ecu, egr/emissions crap deleted, wire tuck, coilovers w/full suspension work, srt interior parts, way to much done now to list and so much more to come
post #18 of 163 (permalink) Old 07-20-2008, 11:14 AM

Very Nice Write Up, they look kick ass! we should get this pinned

<span style="color:#009900">I can make it....
-->Fast
-->Cheap
-->Reliable
Pick two of the three.
post #19 of 163 (permalink) Old 07-20-2008, 01:40 PM

Send a message via AIM to 5766
ricey of course but im curious what it would look like if they were painted body colour instead of black.

and as for the question about if light output has gone down, no it shouldnt because he painted the chrome parts that wasnt part of the light reflector parabola. light out put will stay the same.
post #20 of 163 (permalink) Old 07-20-2008, 02:02 PM Thread Starter

here are some daytime pictures along with my gti

Quote:
ricey of course but im curious what it would look like if they were painted body colour instead of black.

[/b]

they might not look to bad.. some of the ranger guys over at www.rangerpowersports.com have color macthed their headlights to the trucks color and it dont look to bad but on some it does.. it depends on the color

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page