YAHOOO!! I got the bulbs installed into the taillights yesterday! Now, Iâ€™ll bet there are probably 50 ways to leave your lovâ€¦â€¦â€¦..ahhh, never mind. Any how, Iâ€™m sure there are MANY different ways to do this, so this is how I did it.
My original plan was to use 7440 amber bulbs because theyâ€™re smaller, but I couldnâ€™t find any sockets that seemed to clear the body panel behind the taillight, so I decided to go with a socket that had a 90 degree plug, similar to the original sockets.
I had originally gone to AutoZone and bought some replacement sockets and 4157 amber bulbs (the only sockets they had were for a GM), but after getting the sockets home, I decided I didnâ€™t like them.
I took a trip to the local wrecking yard, and got the wiring harness sections that go into the taillights for an â€™02 Bull. I figured that way, all the parts look correct, as theyâ€™re all Ford parts. The way I plan to wire this up is to just use the brighter filament of the dual-filament bulb, so I removed the wiring for the running light portion of the sockets. Total cost for wiring and bulbs, $20.