post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 11:20 AM Thread Starter

Chapter: Midwest
Year: 2013
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.5L Ti-VCT V6

Garage
Trader Score: 0 reviews
'13 SEL Upgrade

With prices dropping and availability increasing, would selling a paid for, '13 SEL in pretty good shape, with around 43k miles be a good idea and buying a used SHO of the same year? I suppose it would depend on how much I actually got for my SEL. I had no idea that when I got an SEL that there would be near zero after market for it. I like my car I just could kick myself in the ass for not getting a SHO at the time. Especially since I could have afforded it. What do you guys think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 09:06 PM

Chapter: Midwest
Year: 2002
Engine: 3.0L 12v Vulcan V6

I just acquired my '10 SEL with 30K miles to replace my '02 SE (but am keeping both.) I like the new (to me) SEL and I find the performance very satisfactory to the point were yes, an SHO would be nice but I am finding the SEL suites my needs just fine.

If you like the car, then forget the supposed "zero" aftermarket. If you are concerned about aftermarket, will stepping out of the SEL to SHO make you feel better about it? I like my car and intent to keep it for quite a while and am not concerned about resale aftermarket because Ilike the vehicle.

DYODD, but if you like the model you own then why not just keep it maintained and enjoy it.

JMHO.

2010 Taurus SEL
2002 Taurus SE
2005 3500 Dodge Ram
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 12:27 AM

Chapter: Northeast
Year: 2013
Engine: 3.5L Cyclone V6

I agree. If you like your SEL, stay in it. Financially, you would take a beating to step into a car that’s essentially the same just twin turbo and AWD. It’s all in what you want though. Life is too short to be partially happy. If you have the means and no nag to stop you, go for it. If you’re frugal with your money, like me, then I’d stay in the SEL. I absolutely love my SEL. You could also consider the option of “tricking out” your current SEL with some 20” SHO wheels, paint your calipers and brackets, black out your grille, etc and have a hell of a sexy SEL boarding on the look of a SHO. That’s what I did. My 3.5’s nearly 300 horses is enough performance for me and it’s basically a SHO/limited looking bull with all the accessorizing. Food for thought... if it’s the twin turbo and whip lash you seek, then there’s only one way to do that...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page