2015 Steering wheel column motor broken - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
 4Likes
  • 1 Post By taucor0315
  • 1 Post By neilc88
  • 1 Post By taucor0315
  • 1 Post By neilc88

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 09:53 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Trader Score: 0 reviews
2015 Steering wheel column motor broken

Hi all,

I hope you are doing well.

The motor that controls the tilt steering wheel is broken. The wheel will not go where you want it to go. My dealer sells the part for $217, but I can't find any installation instructions.

Can anyone point me to directions or a video?

Thanks,
Neil C.

2015 Taurus AWD Limited - I don't drive it, just repair it.
1996 Taurus LX, 3.0L Duratec - Dad's former car
1990 Taurus SHO 3.0L - Deceased, via trade in. (buried the speedo at 150 mph, very smooth but, do not imitate.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 01:50 PM

Chapter: Southern
Year: 2015
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.5L Ti-VCT V6

Send a message via AIM to taucor0315
Doing OK here , but would like to see you doing better with your steering column problem. & I hate to see posts unanswered, just me I guess? OK, we got formalities out of the way. Did you try YouTube? There is a Certified Ford Tech on Y/T that posts a lot of "how to do" Ford maintenance instructions there. He goes by "MAKULOCO". Another one is "FORDMACT", other than the "Eric the car guy", Scotty Kilmer" etc.
neilc88 likes this.

Last edited by taucor0315; 07-13-2019 at 01:54 PM.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 05:41 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by taucor0315 View Post
Doing OK here , but would like to see you doing better with your steering column problem. & I hate to see posts unanswered, just me I guess? OK, we got formalities out of the way. Did you try YouTube? There is a Certified Ford Tech on Y/T that posts a lot of "how to do" Ford maintenance instructions there. He goes by "MAKULOCO". Another one is "FORDMACT", other than the "Eric the car guy", Scotty Kilmer" etc.
Thank you. I did try Youtube and didn't see anything. I didn't have the names you listed above so thank you I will try searching under those names. I can't believe I can't find any video or write up on this.
taucor0315 likes this.

1990 Taurus SHO 3.0L - Deceased, via trade in. (buried the speedo at 150 mph, very smooth but, do not imitate.)

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 12:22 PM

Chapter: Southern
Year: 2015
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.5L Ti-VCT V6

Send a message via AIM to taucor0315
Maybe , just maybe , go to a public library & see if they have any repair manual info , like "Mitchels on line" accessible , or any other repair publications there, that can point you in the right direction, like Chiltons etc. repair info. What I have done , occasionally , when I needed out of the ordinary repair info , is went to a vehicle dealership, that sold the vehicle I needed info on, & asked a tech mechanic there if they ran into the problem I was having. Sometimes they let you look at their repair book or film. I did that when I had a serious tilt wheel steering column problem with my 88 Fiero. & again when my 98 Camaro with less than 30K miles on it, wouldn't start & the tech there told me that was a common problem on the Camaro/Firebirds of that vintage. He told me right, just replace the FP regulator. In many cases they gave me the right advice, that worked for me.
neilc88 likes this.

Last edited by taucor0315; 07-16-2019 at 12:32 PM.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 08:26 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks taucor0315,

I did check with the Library and they are trying to get a Chilton or Haynes manual.

They also mentioned "all data" which is only available inside the library.

Thank you much!!!
taucor0315 likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page