2010 taurus vents stuck on defrost - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
 5Likes
  • 1 Post By taucor0315
  • 1 Post By sheila
  • 3 Post By Big_eddy

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 06:45 PM Thread Starter

Chapter: Northeast
Year: 2010
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.5L Cyclone V6

Garage
Trader Score: 0 reviews
2010 taurus vents stuck on defrost

ac and heat work but vents are stuck to defrost only very little come out of face vents (electronic button switch no manual knobs )anyone have any ideas ...just changed the blend door actuator about a month ago because of that dreaded clicking
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 07:45 PM

Chapter: Southern
Year: 2015
Engine: 3.5L Ti-VCT V6

Send a message via AIM to taucor0315
Blend door actuator "indexing", maybe? I had a 08 Impala that I replaced those cheap Chinese made BD actuators & it didn't apparently need "indexing, because it worked as normal when the broken actuators were replaced. Try to go on "YouTube" to see if Ford tech "Makuloco" or "MacTFord" or anyone else , has any vids on the BD actuators or BC modules that control those functions.
Soni885 likes this.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 09:26 PM
Crazy Devoted Member

Chapter: Midwest
Year: 1998
Model: Mercury Sable
Engine: 3.0L 24v Duratec V6

Trader Score: 1 reviews
May be able to perform a reset by disconnecting neg. batt. cable or pulling an hvac module fuse momentarily. Worst case scenario, may have to replace the mode (vent) actuator.
Soni885 likes this.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 12:45 PM

Year: 2015
Model: Ford Taurus Police Interceptor

Manual controls (push button) without dual climate control.
Mode door actuator is high up on the drivers side behind the instrument cluster.
Need to lie on your back with head on accelerator pedal and look up high. I had to remove the brake pedal switch to get my hands up there. Also pulled the cluster out to get to one of the bolts.
Search the last couple of pages or my previous posts and you will find a link to an external site that has a step by step.

Inexpensive part but awkward to swap it out.
sheila, taucor0315 and Soni885 like this.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 08:10 PM Thread Starter

Chapter: Northeast
Year: 2010
Engine: 3.5L Cyclone V6

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_eddy View Post
Manual controls (push button) without dual climate control.
Mode door actuator is high up on the drivers side behind the instrument cluster.
Need to lie on your back with head on accelerator pedal and look up high. I had to remove the brake pedal switch to get my hands up there. Also pulled the cluster out to get to one of the bolts.
Search the last couple of pages or my previous posts and you will find a link to an external site that has a step by step.

Inexpensive part but awkward to swap it out.
i have dual climate but i know exactly what your saying in my car its pretty much on the side of the radio under the drivers side i dont think its as high as the single climate control ..still in an awkward spot though...problem fixed itsself so i will leave it alone for now lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page