FORScan | How to Modify/Program Module Data - Page 9 - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
 34Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #81 of 95 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
AdmiralSparklez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Washington
Chapter: West Coast
Year: 2013
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.5L Cyclone V6
Posts: 320
Rep Power: 5
 
Garage
Trader Score: 0 reviews
I was also under the impression of an electronic overhaul, but I never thought it was just outright non-modifiable for the BCM. Oh well. I updated the BCM page so it reflects just the 13-19 years.

2013 Taurus Limited - Sterling Grey Metallic | Adapted EcoBoost Turbos | PRE Tuning | Halos & Demon Eyes
AdmiralSparklez is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #82 of 95 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 08:52 PM
Gen 5/6 Forum Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Buffalo, NY
Chapter: Northeast
Year: 2017
Model: OTHER
Engine: OTHER
Posts: 3,010
Rep Power: 29
  
Trader Score: 0 reviews
2010-12 might have been using SJBs still, not BCMs. Even then I believe they had as-built configurations, just much less of it.
AdmiralSparklez likes this.

thefranchise713

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Follow my new story with the Bull's taller, older sister:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Our lives are a series of missions, aided by our gifts and talents, in pursuit of a stronger neighborhood.
thefranchise713 is offline  
post #83 of 95 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 03:25 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Ontario/Canada
Chapter: Eastern Canada
Year: 2010
Model: Ford Taurus SHO
Engine: 3.5L EcoBoost V6
Posts: 3
Rep Power: 0
 
Trader Score: 0 reviews
@AdmiralSparklez thanks for taking the time to put this guide together.

I got my OBD to PC cable and downloaded Forscan yesterday following the instructions.
Was able to connect my laptop, read and cleared a handful of codes related to one of my mirrors not memory-working and two other things that I wasn't aware of. Then started looking at the stuff that can be modded when my car started beeping and acting weird... I s&@t my pants thinking that I had screwed up something, luckily I discovered that the battery had died. Didn't think it will drain so fast but it could be related to my passenger seat backrest auto-inflating all the time, something I haven't addressed.
I jump started it and immediately after the brake and ABS lights came on, cold sweat started... I let the car running for a while to charge the battery and then both lights went away after re-starting it.

Question, can Forscan read codes with the engine running? Tried that while the battery was charging and got a bunch of communication errors.

I have a cheap bluetooth OBD reader and continuously monitor for codes. There were none a week ago. After this incident I am seeing code B1596 which according to the web is related to the ABS, but ABS light is not on. Not want to discuss this on this thread but could it related? What could have caused the ABS light to turn on after the battery died?
jman is offline  
 
post #84 of 95 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
AdmiralSparklez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Washington
Chapter: West Coast
Year: 2013
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.5L Cyclone V6
Posts: 320
Rep Power: 5
 
Garage
Trader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman View Post
@AdmiralSparklez thanks for taking the time to put this guide together.

I got my OBD to PC cable and downloaded Forscan yesterday following the instructions.
Was able to connect my laptop, read and cleared a handful of codes related to one of my mirrors not memory-working and two other things that I wasn't aware of. Then started looking at the stuff that can be modded when my car started beeping and acting weird... I s&@t my pants thinking that I had screwed up something, luckily I discovered that the battery had died. Didn't think it will drain so fast but it could be related to my passenger seat backrest auto-inflating all the time, something I haven't addressed.
I jump started it and immediately after the brake and ABS lights came on, cold sweat started... I let the car running for a while to charge the battery and then both lights went away after re-starting it.

Question, can Forscan read codes with the engine running? Tried that while the battery was charging and got a bunch of communication errors.

I have a cheap bluetooth OBD reader and continuously monitor for codes. There were none a week ago. After this incident I am seeing code B1596 which according to the web is related to the ABS, but ABS light is not on. Not want to discuss this on this thread but could it related? What could have caused the ABS light to turn on after the battery died?



No worries! Yeah you absolutely do not want the car to die at all during any FORScan procedures. It's best to either install an AGM battery which has an immensely longer lifespan between charges, or use a battery charger/maintainer when using FORScan.


You don't want to read any codes with the engine running. When the ECU is alive and active, it allows very limited external communication with the car's module network. The car needs to be put in "Run" mode, which is essentially key on ignition off, for any diagnostic procedures.


I'd recommend always using a wired adapter rather than bluetooth, but try clearing all your codes in the vehicle and see if the ABS DTC you have goes away and stays away. If it comes back, post everything about it here and we'll figure out what the issue is.

2013 Taurus Limited - Sterling Grey Metallic | Adapted EcoBoost Turbos | PRE Tuning | Halos & Demon Eyes
AdmiralSparklez is online now  
post #85 of 95 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 10:57 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Year: 2015
Model: Ford Taurus Police Interceptor
Posts: 17
Rep Power: 0
 
Trader Score: 0 reviews
My PI Sedan arrived with the trunk button set such that it only works with the key in. According to the manual, I should "see my dealer" if I want it changed such that it works all the time. Anybody successfully changed theirs?
Big_eddy is offline  
post #86 of 95 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 09:48 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
AdmiralSparklez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Washington
Chapter: West Coast
Year: 2013
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.5L Cyclone V6
Posts: 320
Rep Power: 5
 
Garage
Trader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_eddy View Post
My PI Sedan arrived with the trunk button set such that it only works with the key in. According to the manual, I should "see my dealer" if I want it changed such that it works all the time. Anybody successfully changed theirs?
Check the spreadsheet and see the option "Liftgate unlock" in the BCM tab and see if that changes anything. I'll take a peek at some firmware and see if there's something else that controls that as well!

2013 Taurus Limited - Sterling Grey Metallic | Adapted EcoBoost Turbos | PRE Tuning | Halos & Demon Eyes
AdmiralSparklez is online now  
post #87 of 95 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 09:49 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
AdmiralSparklez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Washington
Chapter: West Coast
Year: 2013
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.5L Cyclone V6
Posts: 320
Rep Power: 5
 
Garage
Trader Score: 0 reviews
Little update for the spreadsheet!

Added the Global Open AND Global Close windows feature. It never even occurred to me to look at that option and see if global close was disabled because I never even use that feature on my remote (Thank you @jdsfel for bringing this to my attention). BUT, for those looking to add the ability to close their windows with their fob rather than only opening them, you're now in luck!
brn likes this.

2013 Taurus Limited - Sterling Grey Metallic | Adapted EcoBoost Turbos | PRE Tuning | Halos & Demon Eyes
AdmiralSparklez is online now  
post #88 of 95 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 05:13 PM
Junior Member
 
michaelt62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: PA
Chapter: Northeast
Year: 2014
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.5L Ti-VCT V6
Posts: 32
Rep Power: 0
 
Garage
Trader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralSparklez View Post
Little update for the spreadsheet!

Added the Global Open AND Global Close windows feature. It never even occurred to me to look at that option and see if global close was disabled because I never even use that feature on my remote (Thank you @jdsfel for bringing this to my attention). BUT, for those looking to add the ability to close their windows with their fob rather than only opening them, you're now in luck!



You list on your spreadsheet: Global Open and Close Windows 13-19 IPC 720-01-03 X*XX-XXZZ 6 = Global Open, 7 = Global Open and Close.
Which doesn't work for my 2014 Limited, 720-01-03 on mine has 3 blocks consisting of:
BEEC 54FB 24 There is no #6 that indicates Global Open feature. Is this some thing you have only tried on the 2013 Taurus?
michaelt62 is offline  
post #89 of 95 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 11:15 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
AdmiralSparklez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Washington
Chapter: West Coast
Year: 2013
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.5L Cyclone V6
Posts: 320
Rep Power: 5
 
Garage
Trader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelt62 View Post
You list on your spreadsheet: Global Open and Close Windows 13-19 IPC 720-01-03 X*XX-XXZZ 6 = Global Open, 7 = Global Open and Close.
Which doesn't work for my 2014 Limited, 720-01-03 on mine has 3 blocks consisting of:
BEEC 54FB 24 There is no #6 that indicates Global Open feature. Is this some thing you have only tried on the 2013 Taurus?
Interesting.

Let me investigate that as soon as possible. I could have written it in wrong as it was the dead of morning.

2013 Taurus Limited - Sterling Grey Metallic | Adapted EcoBoost Turbos | PRE Tuning | Halos & Demon Eyes
AdmiralSparklez is online now  
post #90 of 95 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 07:16 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Northern Ohio
Chapter: Northeast
Year: 2013
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.5L Ti-VCT V6
Posts: 25
Rep Power: 0
 
Trader Score: 0 reviews
I did the secure/police mode on my '13 Limited to get rid of the horn honk if I got out of the car. If i get out the drivers door, all quiet. If the passenger gets out while the keys are in the car, it still double honks. Anyone else have this issue?

Last edited by terbob3; 06-12-2019 at 07:16 AM. Reason: spacing
terbob3 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Guide: What Scan Tool Should I Buy? Sam Taurus and Sable General Discussion 12 02-13-2019 01:30 PM
Accessing Advanced Ford PIDs With a Scan Tool Sam Taurus and Sable General Discussion 18 12-08-2015 01:03 PM
99(ish) RAP module drone2367 Electronics, Security, Audio and Visual 1 09-21-2014 09:19 PM
2000 taurus airbag deployed badjujumatt Taurus and Sable General Discussion 23 08-16-2014 02:48 PM
Electrical Short? Headlights bypassing ignition ksc11 Maintenance and Repair 7 04-15-2014 01:01 AM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome