FORScan | How to Modify/Program Module Data - Page 3 - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
 33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 84 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 06:55 PM
Gen 5/6 Forum Moderator

Chapter: Northeast
Year: 2017
Model: OTHER
Engine: OTHER

Trader Score: 0 reviews
I might have the 13 and 14s VINs somewhere if you want me to try to find them for comparisons. They were equipped very similarly.

thefranchise713

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow my new story with the Bull's taller, older sister:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Our lives are a series of missions, aided by our gifts and talents, in pursuit of a stronger neighborhood.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 84 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 08:05 PM Thread Starter

Chapter: West Coast
Year: 2013
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.5L Cyclone V6

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefranchise713 View Post
I might have the 13 and 14s VINs somewhere if you want me to try to find them for comparisons. They were equipped very similarly.

I could take a peek. I'm specifically wanting Mustang's VIN because he, even with the correct values, is not able to get the Climate menu to appear in the IPC. I really would like to see what the differences are between my Taurus data and his. I'm hoping I can forcefully enable the Climate menu because it doesn't make sense to me that it wouldn't enable. All the same hardware was present between 2013-2018. The only thing I can think of is a firmware difference, however my cluster is on the earliest firmware made for it and I have the Climate menu.

2013 Taurus Limited - Sterling Grey Metallic | Adapted EcoBoost Turbos | PRE Tuning | Halos & Demon Eyes
post #23 of 84 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 09:10 AM

Year: 2014
Engine: 3.5L Ti-VCT V6

Sent you my VIN.

I was able to change around the menu a bit, so the bits of codes were in fact doing something, but what was odd was that when i loaded it up to change that bit to F, it already was set to that value.

With it set to F, all i had was Phone, Navigation, Entertainment.

2014 Ford Taurus Limited 3.5L FWD
1988 Ford Mustang LX 5.0L

post #24 of 84 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 03:16 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5 View Post
Sent you my VIN.

I was able to change around the menu a bit, so the bits of codes were in fact doing something, but what was odd was that when i loaded it up to change that bit to F, it already was set to that value.

With it set to F, all i had was Phone, Navigation, Entertainment.

So what I'm thinking I'm gonna do is update my IPC firmware to the latest version and see if I retain the climate control menu. If I do, I'll be at a complete loss as to why in the world it won't enable on other clusters of the same model.

2013 Taurus Limited - Sterling Grey Metallic | Adapted EcoBoost Turbos | PRE Tuning | Halos & Demon Eyes
post #25 of 84 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 05:24 PM

Garage
Quote:
Can confirm that Climate is in the 2014+ clusters.
Did you add this feature to a 2014 or a 2017? This feature as well as the secure idle does NOT work on my 2014 AWD Limited fully loaded w/ all electronic features (Active Park Assist,Lane Keep Assist, Blind Spot w/ Cross traffic, Auto High Beam, Heated/Cooled Seats, Multicontour Front Seats w/ Active Motion, Rain Sensing Wipers, Intelligent Access, Heated Steering Wheel, Heated Rear Seats). Maybe with all the added options added to the I/C it may require more than one value being changed.
post #26 of 84 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 06:36 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelt62 View Post
Did you add this feature to a 2014 or a 2017? This feature as well as the secure idle does NOT work on my 2014 AWD Limited fully loaded w/ all electronic features (Active Park Assist,Lane Keep Assist, Blind Spot w/ Cross traffic, Auto High Beam, Heated/Cooled Seats, Multicontour Front Seats w/ Active Motion, Rain Sensing Wipers, Intelligent Access, Heated Steering Wheel, Heated Rear Seats). Maybe with all the added options added to the I/C it may require more than one value being changed.
I can verify it isn't more than one value. which is unfortunate. I'm concluding this is a firmware difference as the hexadecimal data between several VINs, including mine and Mustang's, is the exact same. I will update my IPC to the latest firmware tonight and see if it screws me out of the Climate menu. If it doesn't and I still have it, this will be quite the anomalous situation.

post #27 of 84 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 07:14 PM
Gen 5/6 Forum Moderator

Year: 2017
Model: OTHER
Engine: OTHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelt62 View Post
Believe I added this in my 2014 Taurus, and I have it in my 2017 Explorer now.

Secure Idle probably wasn't in the firmware for a 2014.

thefranchise713

Follow my new story with the Bull's taller, older sister:

Our lives are a series of missions, aided by our gifts and talents, in pursuit of a stronger neighborhood.
post #28 of 84 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 09:46 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Believe I added this in my 2014 Taurus, and I have it in my 2017 Explorer now.

Secure Idle probably wasn't in the firmware for a 2014.

Wait, so you're saying your 2014 Taurus was able to display the Climate menu?

post #29 of 84 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralSparklez View Post
I can verify it isn't more than one value. which is unfortunate. I'm concluding this is a firmware difference as the hexadecimal data between several VINs, including mine and Mustang's, is the exact same. I will update my IPC to the latest firmware tonight and see if it screws me out of the Climate menu. If it doesn't and I still have it, this will be quite the anomalous situation.

There is a difference in the 2013 and 2014 cluster that might play a role. The warning icons and such are moved around and in different locations. Perhaps this might be part of it, but the 2013 cluster seems to have a unique GUI look to it.

For instance, this is a '13 cluster. All those icons on the far left in the left window...I don't have those. They appear elsewhere. Also the right screen looks slightly different as well.

2014 Ford Taurus Limited 3.5L FWD
1988 Ford Mustang LX 5.0L
post #30 of 84 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 10:14 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5 View Post
There is a difference in the 2013 and 2014 cluster that might play a role. The warning icons and such are moved around and in different locations. Perhaps this might be part of it, but the 2013 cluster seems to have a unique GUI look to it.

For instance, this is a '13 cluster. All those icons on the far left in the left window...I don't have those. They appear elsewhere. Also the right screen looks slightly different as well.

It potentially could be a hardware difference then. I only came across two model numbers ever with the Taurus. Well, what we CAN do is swap the "older" cluster into your car. That would solve the issue at least.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page