FORScan | How to Modify/Program Module Data - Page 2 - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
 34Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 95 (permalink) Old 09-28-2018, 04:29 PM Thread Starter

Chapter: West Coast
Year: 2013
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.5L Cyclone V6

Garage
Trader Score: 0 reviews
Hi all. Informing with another post that a major update will be done to the spreadsheet by the end of today. I'm adding in quite a few things I've deciphered so stay tuned for the next update!

2013 Taurus Limited - Sterling Grey Metallic | Adapted EcoBoost Turbos | PRE Tuning | Halos & Demon Eyes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 95 (permalink) Old 09-28-2018, 05:33 PM
Gen 5/6 Forum Moderator

Chapter: Northeast
Year: 2017
Model: OTHER
Engine: OTHER

^ You are a FORCE!

thefranchise713

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow my new story with the Bull's taller, older sister:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Our lives are a series of missions, aided by our gifts and talents, in pursuit of a stronger neighborhood.
post #13 of 95 (permalink) Old 11-04-2018, 01:16 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Another update coming within the next couple of days.

Firstly, apologies if anyone had troubles accessing the link. I was informed by someone on Instagram that the link was dead for some reason and I made a new one so it should be fully functional. I have no idea if it was dead for a while for some so, again, apologies.
Also, I have discovered the right codes for the Climate Controls in the right side of the cluster, as well as enabling/disabling the menus in the right side such as the Entertainment, Navigation, and Phone menus.

A few more things will be added so stay tuned!

2013 Taurus Limited - Sterling Grey Metallic | Adapted EcoBoost Turbos | PRE Tuning | Halos & Demon Eyes

post #14 of 95 (permalink) Old 11-04-2018, 10:24 AM
Gen 5/6 Forum Moderator

I'm glad the Climate fix for the right hand IPC is out there now. I was disappointed they removed it in the newer model years. I flipped it on in my Explorer and I do use that panel.

The feature I miss most, however--in my 2013 Bull, text messages would also appear in the right hand IPC. You could see the texter's name -- and have the car read it out with a push of the right OK button. My 2014 Bull had that feature removed and nobody ever found out why. (The feature was also a bit unreliable though, admittedly...)

thefranchise713

Our lives are a series of missions, aided by our gifts and talents, in pursuit of a stronger neighborhood.
post #15 of 95 (permalink) Old 11-04-2018, 11:04 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefranchise713 View Post
I'm glad the Climate fix for the right hand IPC is out there now. I was disappointed they removed it in the newer model years. I flipped it on in my Explorer and I do use that panel.

The feature I miss most, however--in my 2013 Bull, text messages would also appear in the right hand IPC. You could see the texter's name -- and have the car read it out with a push of the right OK button. My 2014 Bull had that feature removed and nobody ever found out why. (The feature was also a bit unreliable though, admittedly...)

I'll see if I can find that text feature as well. I'm hopeful that someone can test the codes I have for the climate controls and what not so we can confirm whether or not 2014 has a newer cluster or if it's just a programming thing that removed the climate control.
I can't live without climate control in the cluster itself. It's extremely useful and it's very odd it was removed.

In the meantime, I'm also trying to figure out how to disable the interior lights without having dark car enabled. Dark car disables puddle lights which kinda sucks and I like those on.
Park assist is also a feature I'm trying to find. I noticed after swapping SYNC3 in both the Taurus and Mustang, the upper right car icon in the backup camera screen went away showing how close you are to an object. I've concluded SYNC3 definitely had something to do with it. I already have this feature in the spreadsheet in PAM, however it's hit and miss for a lot of people for some reason so I'm investigating further as to what fully controls the PAM display.

Last edited by AdmiralSparklez; 11-04-2018 at 11:12 AM.
post #16 of 95 (permalink) Old 11-04-2018, 04:26 PM
Gen 5/6 Forum Moderator

Can confirm that Climate is in the 2014+ clusters.

thefranchise713

post #17 of 95 (permalink) Old 11-05-2018, 09:49 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefranchise713 View Post
Can confirm that Climate is in the 2014+ clusters.

Oh gotcha. I think I read your comment wrong. Anyway, the right side menus in the cluster are in the spreadsheet now. I also managed to find the rear park aid function so if anyone swaps to SYNC3 and wants the enhanced park aid icon, it's now able to be added back.
A few goodies were also added into the BCM tab. At this time, I'm trying to find that text message function in the cluster that you mentioned.

post #18 of 95 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 01:26 PM

Year: 2014
Engine: 3.5L Ti-VCT V6

You are the man! Finally i can add climate to that menu!

Updating my Forscan license now so i can run out there and do it!

You rock!

2014 Ford Taurus Limited 3.5L FWD
1988 Ford Mustang LX 5.0L
post #19 of 95 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 02:18 PM

Year: 2014
Engine: 3.5L Ti-VCT V6

No dice on my '14 limited.

I went to add climate and found my hex value was already "F". I tried changing it to a few of the other options and even though i saw the menu change, CLIMATE was never an option at all. I set it back to F like it was...no climate.

I also tried to change the number of FM presets from 6 to 10 and it didn't work either.

2014 Ford Taurus Limited 3.5L FWD
1988 Ford Mustang LX 5.0L
post #20 of 95 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 05:22 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5 View Post
No dice on my '14 limited.

I went to add climate and found my hex value was already "F". I tried changing it to a few of the other options and even though i saw the menu change, CLIMATE was never an option at all. I set it back to F like it was...no climate.

I also tried to change the number of FM presets from 6 to 10 and it didn't work either.

Hmm, interesting. Let's try this. PM me your VIN. I wanna see what's potentially different with your car and see if I can make an as-built file to send to you that'll hopefully enable climate. It's possible it's more than one digit and I could have overlooked it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page