2009 Ford Taurus SE maintenance questions, brakes, serpentine belt, suspension,spark - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-29-2016, 10:02 AM Thread Starter

Chapter: Midwest

Trader Score: 0 reviews
2009 Ford Taurus SE maintenance questions, brakes, serpentine belt, suspension,spark

the remanned caliper or my original which i brought to a reammning place was still lkeaing, he claimed it was the hose
i just gave up, decided to buy an advanced auto carquest wearever caliper, which is remanned but looks new and has the fordmotorcompany original seal to it, with a new bracket, with a speedperks, so i guess i wasted the 35 dollars on the reman and will turn my old one in as the core, as long as the caliper doesn't continue to leak.

anyways, i bought a new oem brake hose as well, but it was from 2013, it's new but it was manufactured in 2013, is that ok?

and now I want to focus ont he torque strut mount and change that out. where is that and is it hard to replace, or not really?and i'll do the spark plugs next as well as the serpentine belt(s). There are apparently 2 for the car, I need to replace both, but what about the tensioner, is it recommended I replace the serpentine belt tensioner as well? The car has 95k, can I wait a little longer on the serp belt or should I do it now and should I do the water pump with it, as I just did it on the camry, the belt is way down below, so I'd have to do it down below, right? Does anybody have a routing diagram to it for this engine, which I learned was called the hurricane engine, or something like that.

is anchor a good brand for a torque strut mount, or should i go to the dealer for a torque strut moutn, and should I change all 3 mounts while I"m at it, and are the other 2 hard to do or is the torque strut mount the hardest to do?

for spark plugs, NGK iridiums, which are more expensive, or should I go with the oem motorcraft at only 6 dollars a plug? I got autolites ealier, but wont use the autolite xps, i dia a rebeate, got 20 dollars and bought those for way cheap, like 2 dolalrs for 2 plugs, so I actually made a profit, so even if I don't use them, I don't lose anything but heard they were bad, so should I use the NGKs or the motorcraft spark plugs? hopefully after I do these items, the car can drive till 180k and I can last another 90k before worrying about replacing these items.

archor vs motorcraft torque strut mounts?
what about serpentine belts? for us domestics, the parts at the dleaership aren't even that expensive! but i heard they might not be the best and some aftermarkets are better, would you go with a gates serp belt or a motorcraft serpentine belt?

and should I look into replacing the struts soon and dealership strusts or monroe? i heard monroe wasn't good, so what about gabriel?
any DIY links or videos for this, the serp belt, spark plugs, etc?
I found one for a fod five hundred rear caliper, but he doesn't have one for the front, is the front caliper easier than the rear caliper on the taurus? Thanks.

Last edited by engineer20; 01-29-2016 at 10:05 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-10-2016, 09:02 PM Thread Starter

how hard is it to change a motor mount? heard the lower torque strut mount was weak, bought an anchor, was told that's not good, so i'll return it and buy an oem motorcraft, but where is this mount located, it seems like it's not that hard to DIY, or IS it?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-06-2016, 08:29 AM Thread Starter

which spark plugs would you recommend from this list?

NGK G Power Spark Plug 3.49
Denso Iridium TT Spark Plug: ITV20TT 7.99
Motorcraft Original Equipment Finewire Single Platinum Spark Plug 4.99
Autolite Xp (Xtreme Performance) Iridium Enhanced Fine Wire Spark Plug 6.99
Autolite Double Platinum Spark Plug 4.49

the list goes on, but there are some top candidates.

The motorcraft is platium and only 4.99, since there's a lot of labor charge if i have someone else do it (beacsue the back ones are hard, apparetly, the fronts are easy, though i'll try to diy the whole thing) what about the iridiums since I heard iridium was better than plastium, but the oem is platinum?

How are autolite platium or iridiums, or just use the motorcraft? And who makes motorcraft? Thanks.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-25-2016, 06:19 PM Thread Starter

you acn see my ignitino coil accident thread, now at 985xx miles, naering 100k, will change soon. I wondered where the torque strut moutn was, and I found it, it was under the car, near the middle by the exhaust, any advice in its removal? wherea are the other 2 mounts, as one is the trans mount, and the other is something else? also, will amsoil trans fluid helP? what about bg synthetic trans fluid?

also, my tailight went out, when you turn, the blinker goes quickly in the front and on the dash, indicating it's bad, the tailight and turn signal lamp are the same, right? i hraed online it's a 3157, but this junkyard that sells cheap NEW wagner bulbs for 1.60 each said it's a 4157, and they sold a 4157 ll, so is that what i shoudl use, or the NA or 4157na one? or can i use a 3157? do you have to use bulb grease, will it not last as long if you don't? my licemse plate bulb went out (1 of them) it takesd a 168 but they only had 194s in stock, so i got a 194 and now it's workign well, but any advice on tailight removal/replacement as i've done so on the camry but not on this car yet, and i'll do the rest of the spark plugs, i changed one (due to messing up the ignition coil because i didn't torque it down tightly enough, and changed that ignition coil), but what about the back spark plugs? i was thinkiing abuot going to a junkyard to pracitce on any 3.5 ford or recent 3.5l ford, liek some edges/fusions which can be found as it's hard to find the 08/09 taurus int he junkayrd, and i'll practice removieng spark plugs (rear) on that car as well as the serp belt, so i acn elarn how to do these items on my taurus.

is the blend door interchangeable or not, as when i turn the air on, i hear a knocking sound for a few seconds and then it goes away, ajnd i heard that was a blend door? i live in the detroit area and i live in wayne cuonty, the ford county, so fords are in the front rows of the u pull junyard and the fords are the most plentiful, in oakland county, it's gm and chryslers in the front/more plentiful, butin my county, a solid ford county, fords are all over the place in junkyards, so that's an advantage i have inpracticing in a junkayrd, but is the blend doro from a 3.5 ford edge interchatrgaeable or not? thanks. and any advice on broken bolts, how do you remove them, on a trans pan? can you jb weld the "cap" part of the fastener back on, or no? thanks.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-25-2016, 06:22 PM Thread Starter

also, those new keys, those push to start, keyless keys, can you "copy" them for cheap, as in can you copy a "physical key" or a traditional key from those keys, or are the only copie you can make, also those keyless key fob press to start things, or is there a cheap way to copy them? since many new cars have that now? just curious, and a thing to consider when buying the next vehicle, years later from now, thanks. as if u have a transponder chip, you acn still copy the key for cheap, which can oepn dooors (keep with you in yuour wallet so you dno't get locked out, but it wont' start the engine, but that's better than nothing, since my main concern is having a spare/locked out/leaving keys inthe car, so can you copy a cheap key with those ""keyless key fob keys" thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page