Carlisle tips - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-02-2014, 06:40 AM Thread Starter

Chapter: Northeast

Trader Score: 0 reviews
Carlisle tips

This is a generic information for Ford Nationals Carlisle, PA and think of it as some dos and dont's

Probably the biggest do is BE PATIENT: Remember there are a lot of first timers, some local, some from faraway. The streets will be crowded and the show field even more so. I am not sure where we are parked this year with more membership we could be in a different area. If any of the TCCA coordinators can contact Carlisle Events and get an idea. I would hope that soon we will have a event layout on the website.

The standard rules of the road apply but remember pay even more attention to pedestrians, especially children and be ever vigilant of your surroundings. Also remember even though the area is crowded the driver is ultimately responsible for the operation of the vehicle.

The patience virtue goes well beyond the show field expanding into the town, and local area. Expect many delays during the event especially during the AM arrivals and PM departures. For those first timers the vehicles are not locked into the field and the vehicles have in and out priviliges.

For those of you bringing additional vehicles, such as a second transport vehicle if you want to leave on the fair grounds. The locals have parking available on grass, driveways etc....If arriving early enough you can get decent selection at reasonable prices $5 $20 in that range. If early enough you can also get shade tree parking.

Beyond that for those displaying vehicles on show field bring what you want. they have a food court and vendors available but groups are allowed grills and groups can get together for items which will probably be another thread. I plan on bringing a Lawn Chair, cooler drinks and what ever community items we decide as a group.

I look forward to meeting you at the event and showing off the rides. Have fun, stay safe and the usual out door preventative methods apply, sun block, hats, loose fitting clothes,

Feel free to browse the Carlisle Events website but in the past there have been Women's Oasis spas, a kids area with Bounce house, vendors, but for the ladies the Women's Oasis tent is a godsend. Those of you with secondary off field transportation there is a lot to do in the Carlisle area.

Last year they had test drives at the Expo Center and transportation from fairgrounds to Expo Center. Also same some time for a Raptor Test drive. I wish I could say it was the Air Force Raptor Fighter but alas it was the F150 Raptor pickup....As Passenger with professional driver.

Feel free to Google Maps but the fairgrounds runs right up against the PA Turnpike. The exit is not exactly a easy on but not too bad of a trek. Remember allow plenty of time.

Have fun and keep some of these points in mind.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-12-2015, 08:09 AM

Chapter: Southeast
Year: 2013
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.5L Ti-VCT V6

Garage
Trader Score: 0 reviews
All very good points. I have been to several Carlisle events and those things hold true for any of them. I attended Import/Kit one year but was surprised at the weak turnout, so crowding wasn't a problem, but Chrysler and Ford weekends are strong with lots of supporters and it makes for a great show and fun time. The one Ford event I attended was with my 2012 Focus, but I since parted company with that car. Hopefully in the next year or so I'll find a Taurus and make a ROTB to the Ford Nats.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page