Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum

Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum (https://www.taurusclub.com/forum/)
-   ROTB (Running of the Bulls) (https://www.taurusclub.com/forum/111-rotb-running-bulls/)
-   -   Possible Thought For Rotb 2010 (https://www.taurusclub.com/forum/111-rotb-running-bulls/147303-possible-thought-rotb-2010-a.html)

SilverThunder 05-28-2009 11:14 PM

Okay so I've been thinking a lot about this lately. A lot of us want to see ROTB up running again, but CLEARLY it's current function is not working for the club. Given the volume of members, and that we are spread out over all over the US and Canada and that a lot of people don't like to travel far, AND we have very competent chapter presidents/vice presidents this is what I purpose:

For ROTB we pick a date/weekend where all the chapters have a meet. While it is different from ROTB's of the past, I feel like we can get more attendance. ALSO, it puts less responsibility on Jason and taps into the capable hands of the chapter presidents/vice presidents. The presidents can also customize the event for the chapter.

I know it's different, but I would like to get everyone's opinion on this? Do people think it would work?

I loved going to ROTB, but it wasn't working, and sometimes change is a good thing. :dunno:

sable23 05-29-2009 01:30 AM

sounds good to me!! i would maybe be able to afford to make it to a meet if it were closer to home...

rpflloyd 05-29-2009 08:37 AM

Sounds like a good idea, but I think ROTB needs to take a chapter from the Mallinsons book on this. Various chapters that would like to host gather information and present it to Jason. He decides where it will be and it is on the hands of that chapter to do the planning, keeping Jason informed.

What you are proposing is good mike. IN fact, the Honda Shadow board I am on does something similar. They have the East Coast Rally, the West Coast Rally, etc. Each rally has it's own section of the board for planning.

I think with the way it is looking, your MASS-ive meet could easily evolve into a yearly MASS-ive ROTB

SilverThunder 05-29-2009 08:39 AM

I'm thinking ROTB needs to go from a National Meet, to a Nation-wide Meet.

jason8225 05-29-2009 11:35 AM

Good idea, Mike. We will definitely talk about it.

I'm seeing what I can do to free myself up to make it to the Mass-ive meet. Not sure if it will happen or not though.

Unfortunately, as much as I hate to admit it, the economy is really the driving factor in not having ROTB this year. It was quite a challenge to pull off the Convention this year as well.

The last event at Gingerman was the smallest one we've ever had and it took some major effort to pull-off.

Hopefully things are in better shape next year and we can get something going again.

soccernamlak 05-29-2009 01:03 PM

The only problem I see with it is that it still restricts your interaction to within your chapter, which we can do any day of the year.

I rather see a combo of what Randy said: have proposals from different chapters so you split/delegate the workload around, but also do it like the SHO Convention: go around the country with it. That way, not only does the scenery change, but you'll have people that will drive the 2500 miles and you'll have people that would come because it's really close to their home.

SilverThunder 05-29-2009 01:12 PM

Well I think there is a lack of attendance as it is, and if we're ever going to get attendance up at a national meet we need to build a base, which starts from strengthening our chapter attendance to meets. If we have hardly anyone show up to regular meets, how do we all of a sudden expect everyone and their sister to show up for the national meet somewhere around the country? Thats just how I see it.

EDIT: and just because you belong to a certain chapter doesn't mean you have to go to THAT event. If you want to travel, each chapter will present what their doing so people can pick which one they want to go to, while still having something for people who don't want to or can't travel far. :dunno:

Call_Me_Crazy 05-29-2009 01:53 PM

Oh what a tangled web we weave!

Brian_05_SEL 05-30-2009 12:54 AM

Now that's change I can believe in. :thumb: Great idea, and here's why:
Having decentralized chapter meets would probably boost attendance in the future, but I think the driving factor is to actively appeal to the many, many people on this board that contribute frequently as far as posting online, but need a lot more encouragement to get involved in the TCCA in the "real world"; i.e. at club meets, track events, hanging out with other members, etc. All the more reason, on that note, to reinstate the member locations map that used to be a part of the TCCA forum. Then everybody can see, plain as day, where the other members of their chapter are located and are possibly more likely to try attending club events, knowing that there are other Taurus Club people who may live nearby. It could also help chapter vice-presidents figure out the best mutually-convenient place for said chapter meets to be held by allowing them to pick a more-or-less central location relative to where the people in their chapter all live, like using GIS programs to map out suitable geographic spots for various business uses. This would be a great way to take advantage of current, easy to use technology and help the club adapt and evolve to fit circumstances that have made it almost impossible to sustain a yearly, national ROTB event.

antball5485 05-31-2009 09:30 PM

QUOTE (Brian_05_SEL @ May 30 2009, 12:54 AM)
Quote:

Now that's change I can believe in. :thumb: Great idea, and here's why:
Having decentralized chapter meets would probably boost attendance in the future, but I think the driving factor is to actively appeal to the many, many people on this board that contribute frequently as far as posting online, but need a lot more encouragement to get involved in the TCCA in the "real world"; i.e. at club meets, track events, hanging out with other members, etc. All the more reason, on that note, to reinstate the member locations map that used to be a part of the TCCA forum. Then everybody can see, plain as day, where the other members of their chapter are located and are possibly more likely to try attending club events, knowing that there are other Taurus Club people who may live nearby. It could also help chapter vice-presidents figure out the best mutually-convenient place for said chapter meets to be held by allowing them to pick a more-or-less central location relative to where the people in their chapter all live, like using GIS programs to map out suitable geographic spots for various business uses. This would be a great way to take advantage of current, easy to use technology and help the club adapt and evolve to fit circumstances that have made it almost impossible to sustain a yearly, national ROTB event.[/b]

That's what I'm talking about!!! I've seen alot of nice Taurii around my area and would like to meet some of these people or invite them to a meet.