My Rotb Pictures - Page 3 - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 11:23 PM
Devoted Member

Chapter: Midwest

Trader Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
The D40x is Nikon's equivalent for the Canon Rebel XTi. Very similar features; each has its pros and cons. Essentially, good for an intro level DSLR Photographer on a limited budget. However, personally I'd stick with Canon, but what you'll see is that photographers in the Canon/Nikon debate are like car owners in the Ford/Chevy debate: you always think your brand is better and you never buy the other one...
[/b]
ok, yeah that's pretty much what I've heard. My friend had a D40x and my parents promised to get me a camera for my birthday so it can't be terribly expensive, but needs to good enough for college. I think they were planning on getting me like a $200 camera, so when I took them to the store to browse they were pretty suprised when I walked them over to the DSLRs.... The D40x is under budget, but I'd like to get a good warranty and some lenses too.

"Dems fightin' words! How dare you insult my melted blob jellybean catfish!" - Spridget

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Taurusaurus Rex - 1997 Ford Taurus GL Vulcan Sedan - Light Saddle Met. w/ Full SHO Makeover
2000 Ford Taurus SE Vulcan Wagon - Graphite Blue, bought Jan 15 2015
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 11:48 PM
Crazy Devoted Member

Chapter: Southeast

Trader Score: 0 reviews
Define "good lenses"

Good lenses in the professional terms means 2k+

For consumer level, you might get away with about $400-500 new for an IS lens, 200-250 for a USM based lens

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-09-2008, 11:43 PM
Devoted Member

Chapter: Midwest

Trader Score: 4 reviews
... like a mega-zoom (telephoto?) lens and a fisheye lens... about how much are those?

or, if not a fisheye lens, at least a wide angle lens.

"Dems fightin' words! How dare you insult my melted blob jellybean catfish!" - Spridget

Taurusaurus Rex - 1997 Ford Taurus GL Vulcan Sedan - Light Saddle Met. w/ Full SHO Makeover
2000 Ford Taurus SE Vulcan Wagon - Graphite Blue, bought Jan 15 2015
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page