What does a battery tester do?
1, Test cranking, charging, and common fault for all automotive cranking lead acid battery including ordinary lead acid battery, gel battery, AGM flat plate and spiral battery.
2, Directly detect the bad cell battery, remind you of replacing; test the battery with loss of electricity, no full charge needed.
3, Polarity reverse connection protection enables the tester, vehicle and battery to be in working order without damage from reverse connection.
Now you can get ArtiBattery 101 with only $ 46.74!
14 Days' promotion at Amazon! 15% off from Oct 11th to Oct 24th (PST)
ABOUT THIS 12V TESTER: Topdon AB101 uses advanced conductance measurement technology, works on 12V passenger cars and light trucks, and accurately tests battery health status including voltage, cranking power, state of charge and more.
READABLE TEST RESULTS: This load battery tester displays 5 easy-to-understand battery test results; ‘Good Battery’ / ‘Good Battery, Need Recharge’ / ‘Replace, Life Cycle’ / ‘Replace, Bad Cell’ / ‘Charge, Retest’. You can know the complete status of any vehicle’s battery health status with one simple test.
BATTERY TROUBLE SHOOTING: The bad cell test tool supports cranking and charging test on almost all battery types of Ordinary Lead Acid, AGM Flat Plate, Spiral Plate, and Gel battery, to deeply diagnose car starting and charging system.
HIGH SAFETY & EASE OF USE: This battery analyzer utilizes polarity reverse-connection protection to avoid harming the car battery or tester, and provides you with the convenience of directly testing low batteries in vehicle or out of vehicle.
EXTENSIVE APPLICATION: The battery tester supports English, Russian, Spanish, French, Italian, German and battery system standards of CCA, BCI, CA, MCA, JIS, DIN, IEC, EN, SAE, GB, for new or experienced users.
1. Battery Test displays SOH (State of Health), SOC (State of Charge), Voltage, Current, Rating, and the readable analysis results on readable LCD screen for your reference;
2. Different Battery Test Result Displayed:
1) Good Battery: The battery is in good condition, and you can rest assured of using it;
2) Good, Recharge: It’s a good battery with low current, and please recharge it before next using;
3) Replace: The battery is almost or already broken, and you should replace the battery, or there will be a bigger danger;
4) Bad Cell, Replace: The battery is broken or interiorly damaged or has short circuit, and it’s time to replace the battery;
5) Charge-Retest: Unstable battery shall be recharged and retested to avoid error. If the same test result appears again, the battery is regarded as damaged, replace the battery.
3. Cranking Test to know the whole state of the starting system according to the data:
1. Entering cranking test and starting the engine as prompted, tester will automatically complete the test;
2. The tester will display the result including actual cranking voltage and actual cranking time;
3. If cranking voltage value is lower than 9.6V, the cranking system is regarded as abnormal;
4. If cranking voltage value is higher than 9.6V, the cranking system is OK.
4. Reliable data of Charging Test for your reference:
1. Charging Volt: Normal – the generator output is normal, no problem detected;
2. Charging Volt: Low – check the drive belt of the generator and the connection between generator and battery, or follow the manufacturer’s suggestion to eliminate generator fault;
3. Charging Volt: High – replace the generator assembly or a regulator to avoid battery damages;
4. No Volt Output – check the generator connection cable and the belt;
5. Diode Test – there is at least one diode is damaged if ripple volt is too high.
Display: 220*176 LCD
Acid-proof plastic with silica gel buttons
CCA: Cold Cranking Amps (Range: 100~2000)
BCI: Battery Council International (100~2000)
CA: Cranking Amps (100~2000)
MCA: Marine Cranking Amps (100~2000)
JIS: Japan Industrial Standard (26A17~245H52)
DIN: German Auto Industry Committee (100~1400)
IEC: Internal Electrical Technical Commission (100~1400)
EN: European Automobile Industry Association (100~2000)
SAE: Society of Automotive Engineers (100~2000)
GB: China National Standard (30Ah~200Ah)