Hids W/newer Slim Ballasts - Page 2 - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 81 (permalink) Old 04-06-2009, 10:24 PM
Devoted Member

Trader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to dark_fire
QUOTE (jc91sc @ Mar 29 2009, 04:00 AM)
Quote:
QUOTE (Ethan @ Mar 29 2009, 01:30 AM)
Quote:
on the ones with the high beam, does it actually have two bulbs or does the one bulb just move further back in the housing like the retro solutions HIDs. If I ever buy another HID kit it will definately have two bulbs for each housing so i can have true hi/low beams instead of just low/little bit above low beams[/b]
Well, Ethan, on the OEM bulbs there is still just one bulb with two filaments...one that gives twice the output of the other allowing it to be brighter. What they're doing now on the dual beam HID kits is a similar approach. They have the main HID bulb which gives a drastically brighter output than stock, then another attached bulb with separate wiring that gives 50% more output (remember, HIDs...don't need much more anyway), and a transformer box that keeps the currents consistant, so this may be a good kit for you. LMK. Thanks.

James E.
[/b][/quote]
So the two "bulbs" are basically right on top of each other in the HID bulb similar to the standard halogen bulb?

Trust me, the extra output may seem crazy but you need it up here in Wisconsin doing some deer dodging.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Quote:
When Chuck Norris goes to sleep every night,
he checks his closet for Clint Eastwood.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 81 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 06:19 AM Thread Starter

Chapter: Southeast

Trader Score: 1 reviews
Thanks for the Bumps, Ethan! LOL

QUOTE (dark_fire @ Apr 6 2009, 11:24 PM)
Quote:
So the two "bulbs" are basically right on top of each other in the HID bulb similar to the standard halogen bulb?

Trust me, the extra output may seem crazy but you need it up here in Wisconsin doing some deer dodging.[/b]
Yes, essentially that is how they're configured. I've not gotten a set of dual beams in awhile because here in GA they're not a necessity...I'll order a couple sets this week so I can take pics and you guys can see what they look like.

James E.

Down to just THREE...so not me!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

91 Green/ Mocha Plus
97 Thunderbird LX
01 Expedition Eddie Boober

Can I Have Some Spam?
post #13 of 81 (permalink) Old 04-18-2009, 11:59 AM Thread Starter

Pics of the Dual Beam Bulbs

As I was saying, there's not a great deal of difference between the single beam and dual beam bulbs at first sight, but the dual beams do have the additional HID "filament" to add the high beam.

[attachment=29166ual_Beam.jpg]
[attachment=29167ual_Beam_1.jpg]

James E.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

91 Green/ Mocha Plus
97 Thunderbird LX

Can I Have Some Spam?

post #14 of 81 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 12:28 AM
Devoted Member

Send a message via Yahoo to efan08
maybe it's just me but I can only see one HID filament

post #15 of 81 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 10:38 AM
Crazy Devoted Member

Chapter: Midwest

QUOTE (jc91sc @ Apr 18 2009, 10:59 AM)
Quote:
Pics of the Dual Beam Bulbs

As I was saying, there's not a great deal of difference between the single beam and dual beam bulbs at first sight, but the dual beams do have the additional HID "filament" to add the high beam.

[attachment=29166ual_Beam.jpg]
[attachment=29167ual_Beam_1.jpg]

James E.[/b]
I keep getting an error saying that I don't have permission to use this feature when I try to view the pictures.

post #16 of 81 (permalink) Old 04-21-2009, 07:12 AM Thread Starter

QUOTE (Ethan @ Apr 20 2009, 12:28 AM)
Quote:
maybe it's just me but I can only see one HID filament[/b]
So do you doubt that it's THERE since you can't see it? LOL...Ethan, notice the FOUR wires going into the Dual Beam bulb (pair of thick wires and a second pair of thinner wires for the high beam). Tell you what, if you want a set, we can get you a set out, and if they turn out NOT to be Dual Beams, I'll refund your money AND you can keep the HIDs...How's that?

LOL

James E.

91 Green/ Mocha Plus
97 Thunderbird LX

Can I Have Some Spam?
post #17 of 81 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 09:30 AM

Send a message via AIM to michakaveli
QUOTE (jc91sc @ Apr 21 2009, 08:12 AM)
Quote:
Quote:
So do you doubt that it's THERE since you can't see it? LOL...Ethan, notice the FOUR wires going into the Dual Beam bulb (pair of thick wires and a second pair of thinner wires for the high beam). Tell you what, if you want a set, we can get you a set out, and if they turn out NOT to be Dual Beams, I'll refund your money AND you can keep the HIDs...How's that?

LOL

James E.
[/b][/quote]

James, you ever come up to Columbia? I'm interested in adding HID's to my Gen IV. I'd like to see them in person prior to any financial exchange
post #18 of 81 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 01:58 PM Thread Starter

QUOTE (michakaveli @ Apr 23 2009, 10:58 AM)
Quote:
There are a lot of people who travel back and forth between the Carolina's and Georgia, so I didn't know if perhaps you were planning on passing through or whatnot... I guess, nevermind I asked.[/b]
Nah, I'm not one of those travelers, and I didn't take offense or anything...it just strikes me as odd to ask to see IN PERSON something that I'm sure you see regularly. These are Xenon Worx kits, so if you've seen ANY HIDs you've seen what these kits are like.

James E.

91 Green/ Mocha Plus
97 Thunderbird LX

Can I Have Some Spam?
post #19 of 81 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 06:27 PM
Devoted Member

Send a message via AIM to animex2
Play nice everyone! =)

2003 Green with Metallic Clearcoat 4.7l High Output Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland

1994 White 3.0 MTX SHO
post #20 of 81 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 07:42 PM
Devoted Member

Send a message via Yahoo to efan08
QUOTE (jc91sc @ Apr 21 2009, 06:12 AM)
Quote:
Quote:

LOL

James E.
[/b][/quote]
haha sounds good to me. Give me about a month or so to get a job and some money and Ill PM you about the lights.

One more question. How much of a difference in light output is there between the hi beam bulb and the low beam bulb?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page