Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Top 10 Ugliest Cars: 2019 – The Short List

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Lrobby99 
#1 ·

Cover your eyes, hide your kids, hide your wife! Here’s a rundown of the ugliest cars you can buy today.

Read more >>

See less See more
#3 ·
Wow. I think the current Chevys are way better looking than the Fords of today. Ford always is terrified to bring out a radical styled vehicle, that is a cycle ahead of current styling trends . GM never was , & had brought out so many vehicles that were one or two styling cycles over Nipponese or other domestic vehicles, since the 1950s onward. I think the new Camaro looks GREAT! I'm tired of the "retro" look that Ford has worn out ,with the Mustangs. They need to be a totally new design, come on Ford get over that 64 1/2 look, you beat it to death! The back end of the Mustang looks like it doesn't belong on the car. It just looks plain boxy & weird.

When I look at the new Blazer , it makes be want to get rid of my Taurus.

#4 ·
Interesting take on that last post. If Ford is afraid to venture into new styling then why is it common knowledge that the first couple of generations of Ford Taurus was considered revolutionary. There are many other examples, but more recently there was nothing that looked like the last gen of Fusion when it debuted and now almost every midsized sedan looks like it. There's mention of how the new Chevy Blazer makes him want to trade in the Taurus, but that vehicle looks very suspiciously like the Explorer that Ford has been using for years now but with same extremely weird looking front facia that Chevy is slapping on all their vehicles. Also, the tired old retro look is why the Mustang, Challenger and even the
Camaro has reinvigorated the muscle car market. There's just not any proof that any of that is reality. It's good to have an opinion, but one can't expect to go on a Ford Taurus forum and say something crazy like Ford doesn't innovate in styling.

#5 ·
Ford stylists were light years ahead of the pack in the 80's. Just look at the 83 Thunderbird and the 86 Taurus. I have been at gas stations, parking lots, etc many times with my like new 86 Tbird 5.0 or 88 Tbird Turbo Coupe and had people come up to me saying they didnt know Ford started making the Tbird again. They are astounded when I tell them "No, Ford didnt start making the Tbird again, this car is over 30 years old".

There are very few new cars that appeal to me styling wise. With few exceptions, automotive styling has completely gone down the toilet. To me, many new cars look like the idiotic "cars of the future" in 1950's and 60's bad Sci Fi movies.

IMO, styling of any kind can not make any SUV or crossover look good.

Reactions: kekaye56
#6 ·
Federal regulations today hamper most styling - beltlines and hood lines have to be higher for pedestrian and crash standards.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.