Northern Meet Summer 2011 Help Me Out! - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-24-2011, 12:56 AM Thread Starter
Devoted Member

Chapter: Northern

Trader Score: 0 reviews
Northern Meet Summer 2011 Help Me Out!

So I have been thinking of having a meet in St. Cloud, MN for over a year now and I am thinking now is a good time to post about it. Spring fever is setting in and I am excited for summer. Now I am thinking last week in June (not set in stone but a good starting point) but I am having some problems thinking of fun things to do, this is where I need help lol. Obviously a meet in general would be great but I feel we need something to make it memorable. There are 2 race tracks less than an hour drive away and I am sure there would be something going on at one or the other. The one has an opportunity to drive on the track at certain times but is plenty expensive (300 is the cheapest...) Of course there is the typical bars, bowling, etc. in St. Cloud. I am really just trying to get a feel for what you guys may like to do? Give me some help haha!! Plenty of decent hotels and such too if anyone would want to make it more than a day long. There is some scenic driving around the area too that I can scope out this spring if you guys would be interested?

We are pretty much guaranteed 2 members will show up. Though the closer it gets the more I will be pushing it to you local members haha

But as I said please help me figure out what we should do haha. Ask me any questions about the area I should be able to answer most of them.

Thanks, Chris!

2000 Sable LS Premium "Dorothy" - Roush springs, FN-74 front brakes, Rear disc swap, SHO leather, 18's, Magnaflow exhaust, HIDs, and more.
2004 Volvo S60R 6-Speed Manual 300HP AWD - Beat and Broken.
2002 Cougar sport "Hello Cougar" - 3.0L Hybrid, Headers, Quaife, BAT suspension kit, Shaved hatch, and many more goodies.
1989 SHO, 1983 Ranger, 1997 Contour
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-07-2011, 08:52 PM

While I'm very interested in this, my work schedule when I'm in the States is unpredictable at best. I asked about interest in this about a year ago and didn't get much in the way of replies.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-07-2011, 09:06 PM Thread Starter
Devoted Member

there has been a bit of interest on the other site. about 3 or 4 people already saying they would likely go. just need to find a good day or whatever to do it.

2000 Sable LS Premium "Dorothy" - Roush springs, FN-74 front brakes, Rear disc swap, SHO leather, 18's, Magnaflow exhaust, HIDs, and more.
2002 Cougar sport "Hello Cougar" - 3.0L Hybrid, Headers, Quaife, BAT suspension kit, Shaved hatch, and many more goodies.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-10-2011, 02:48 AM
Devoted Member

in.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i would like to personally thank volvo!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 01:19 PM

If this is for sure going to be the weekend of July 16th, I'll pit in leave for it. This should be a good time.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 12:46 AM Thread Starter
Devoted Member

yeah it should be most people either already have said they have that weekend off or could have made it either weekend so it should work out just fine.

i am still thinking of ideas for what to do. we dont have any pull your part type yards around here (no chain ones anyway) there are a few yard that will let you get your own parts but most want to know what your looking for ahead of time. still trying to think of some scenic areas too that wouldnt be too far to go from the main st cloud area.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-04-2011, 11:53 PM

Turns out I might not be able to make it. As of right now, I'm slatted to go to England with one of my B-52s to the Air Tattoo air show over in Fairford, England.

Well, the rally is still on for me. My back injury has me temporarily grounded.

Any others going?

Last edited by jato; 06-30-2011 at 02:03 AM.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-30-2011, 09:34 PM
Devoted Member

I am going if its the 16-17 weekend! sounds like pizza, cruise, then ???

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-03-2011, 12:37 AM Thread Starter
Devoted Member

yep this will be the 16th, meet at walmart n st cloud (sartell actually)head on a cruise to cold spring. bs at a park there. head back to st coud for some pizza and to bs some more

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 08:36 PM
Devoted Member

schweeet

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page