A/C AND COOLING FAN ISSUES - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 04:22 PM Thread Starter

Trader Score: 0 reviews
Unhappy A/C AND COOLING FAN ISSUES

Hello everybody I'm new to the forum and I'm having an issue with my 2005 Ford Taurus SE 3.0L Flex fuel model. Hopefully someone can help me here so about a couple weeks ago my A/C compressor crapped out and seized and my belt melted and snapped. I went ahead and got a new compressor, accumulator, and orifice tube and so on. I swapped everything out and had just vacuumed the system preparing to add refrigerant i started adding the R134a and noticed the A/C clutch wasn't engaging. So i checked the clutch coil connector for power and realized there was no power going to it so from there i started checking fuses everything checked out good so then i went to the A/C clutch relay and realized the the relay isn't getting power to pin 5. I went ahead and jumped pin 5 with a wire straight to the battery and long behold the clutch kicked right on. So now I'm stuck on wondering why isn't my relay getting power i also noticed that both of my maxi fuses for the fans are completely dead so now i have no fans and no A/C and I'm stumped i read a lot of posts on here that had similar issues but weren't resolved. Other things i did was jumped the low pressure switch on the accumulator which did nothing and checked the high pressure switch next to the compressor and seen that its not getting power either. So I'm asking if anyone out there has a solution or can steer me in the right way on what to do next because i really miss driving my bull thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 05:37 PM
Crazy Devoted Member

Chapter: Midwest
Year: 2006
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.0L 12v Vulcan V6

There is a fuse for the compressor clutch. Other things should also be happening because the fuse also powers other things up
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 07:24 PM
Play Nice or Don't Play

Chapter: Northeast
Year: 1998
Model: Ford Taurus SHO
Engine: 3.4L Yamaha V8

Welcome to TCCA! Please post your repair questions in the appropriate forum where more members will see them and respond

It's SHO time!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 10:01 PM
Crazy Devoted Member

Chapter: Midwest
Year: 1998
Model: Mercury Sable
Engine: 3.0L 24v Duratec V6

Trader Score: 1 reviews
Welcome Larry!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in