Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Hi! Proud owner of a 98 Taurus SE, looking to upgrade keyless entry and cup holders s

785 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  durasel 
#1 ·
My old boy was originally a rental car that ended up in the hands of my former church secretary, who sold it to me for $600 cash. Since then, I've had a good time doing routine maintenance, and a few bonus upgrades along the way.

My current obsession is with finally making use of my keyless entry I had installed 4 years ago (both fobs broke in different ways), and what I'm looking for is to have a key-in fob like most cars after 2005 do. The idea of having a separate key and separate fob on my already-cluttered keychain just feels like too much.

My backburner project has been to either create, or find a better cup-holder since, as anyone that's been in a 98 knows, the cup-holder situation is less than ideal. My stock cup-holder was barely able to hold a can of Coke, which just doesn't cut it. So far I've assembled a Frankenstein's monster of PVC pipes that can adequately hold any cup or bottle I've put in it, but I'm short on ideas where to mount them on/in my dash - unless I get a better suggestion, of course.

I've been browsing these forums off and on for a few years now, and finally decided to make an account. I hope to be a pretty active member around here. Thanks everyone.

See less See more
#4 ·
Welcome to the club! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.