RE: How to wash your car using QEW - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-06-2014, 08:48 PM Thread Starter

Chapter: Southern

Trader Score: 0 reviews
RE: How to wash your car using QEW

All the images in the 'HOW TO WASH YOUR CAR USING QEW' thread are 404 'not found' can someone please fix it? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-07-2014, 02:11 AM
Devoted Member

Chapter: Midwest
Year: 2001
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.0L 24v Duratec V6

You might want to pm the member that originally posted the content if they are still active. Many times, people use links to offsite storage for photos, then later delete the photos or account on the host site, making them inaccessible. No way for anyone but the OP to fix this.

Tyson
No matter where you go, the first person that you meet when you get there will be yourself

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-07-2014, 08:59 AM
Play Nice or Don't Play

Chapter: Northeast
Year: 1998
Model: Ford Taurus SHO
Engine: 3.4L Yamaha V8

The thread...:
https://www.taurusclub.com/forum/102-...using-qew.html
...is 10 years old. As Tyson pointed out, it is probably not realistic to expect pics hosted offsite to be available a decade later. Had you followed the working link in it you would have ended up finding out all you wanted to know here:

In the future when you are referencing a thread please either comment that thread or at least provide a link to it.

It's SHO time!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-07-2014, 04:38 PM
Don't Be Stupid

Trader Score: 1 reviews
Those pics were actually hosted here at one point. If it were my guess, the mod images directory doesnt exist anymore.

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for the day. Set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-07-2014, 04:43 PM
Play Nice or Don't Play

'Here' being relative, what with TCCOA, realtaurusclub, tcca...etc, etc, etc

It's SHO time!

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-15-2014, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag1959 View Post
The thread...:
https://www.taurusclub.com/forum/102-...using-qew.html
...is 10 years old. As Tyson pointed out, it is probably not realistic to expect pics hosted offsite to be available a decade later. Had you followed the working link in it you would have ended up finding out all you wanted to know here:
Quick & Easy Wash Demonstration - YouTube

In the future when you are referencing a thread please either comment that thread or at least provide a link to it.
I don't know why I keep getting flak about thread age, this information is still useful to people and I came to this site for all of this great information (new or old). I shouldn't have to follow links OUT of this site to read and follow the thread because the images aren't here for whatever reason. This is a "STICKY" thread for Christs sake! Even if the member isn't active surely we can find these images to put here, because apparently they were lost when the site was moved 30 times and it wasn't OPs fault.

I didn't link to the thread because it's one of three stickies at the top of the page....

Last edited by coreymanshack; 09-15-2014 at 11:27 AM.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-18-2014, 11:12 AM
Play Nice or Don't Play

The images were pics taken by the posting member who hasn't even logged in for over 7 years and most likely doesn't even still have the pics, wherever he is. So how exactly you expect that 'we' are supposed to be able to recover them is beyond me. The answers you sought regarding the product and procedure for using it are in fact there at the website referenced. I am guessing this 'we' you refer to really means the staff here. 'We' are all volunteers here. 'We' do not get compensated, 'we' do not work for Autoguide and sure as heck 'we' do not work for you. A lot of time and effort gets put in by the staff here just to keep this place up and running as smoothly as it does now. Maybe you could take that into consideration and adjust your expectations of what 'we' should be doing.

It's SHO time!

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-18-2014, 11:55 AM
Devoted Member

Chapter: Pacific Northwest

^+1 Ya! And all over a stupid topic!

402 RWHP 910 FT.LBS.

PDR dyno days May 2004.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-23-2014, 10:15 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag1959 View Post
The images were pics taken by the posting member who hasn't even logged in for over 7 years and most likely doesn't even still have the pics, wherever he is. So how exactly you expect that 'we' are supposed to be able to recover them is beyond me. The answers you sought regarding the product and procedure for using it are in fact there at the website referenced. I am guessing this 'we' you refer to really means the staff here. 'We' are all volunteers here. 'We' do not get compensated, 'we' do not work for Autoguide and sure as heck 'we' do not work for you. A lot of time and effort gets put in by the staff here just to keep this place up and running as smoothly as it does now. Maybe you could take that into consideration and adjust your expectations of what 'we' should be doing.

Well if "WE" as in 'You the staff' don't want to fix sticky threads because you are so busy maybe it shouldn't be a sticky. I figured maybe you could recover the images from backups of the old sites.

Edit: I see you have already removed this as a sticky. This can be closed now.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-23-2014, 02:41 PM
Play Nice or Don't Play

Yes, it can. Thank you for your reasonable and considered response. Have a nice day.

It's SHO time!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page