Meguiar's Black Wax - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-12-2014, 10:23 PM Thread Starter

Chapter: West Coast

Trader Score: 0 reviews
Meguiar's Black Wax

Has anyone ever used "Meguiar's Black Wax"?

I have a 09 with a Tuxedo Black paint job, I have heard that it brings out a deeper black, way better then any regular wax, removes swirls and fills in better all the little scratches.

• 2009 Ford Taurus SEL
  • 2007 Ford Explorer XLT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-12-2014, 10:38 PM
Devoted Member

Chapter: Northeast

Get some Adam's Brillant Polish and Buttery Wax, and you get a great finish. Also if you clay bar and use some Revive Polish before the other two, you will get an awesome finish.

2010 Ford Taurus SHO-Livernois 4+X Tune, Airaid CAI, Caliper Covers, Tinted Taillights, Tinted Headlights, LED Interior Lighting, LED Puddle Lamps and License Lights, SHO Hood Stripes, Rearranged Trunk Badging, 3 Bar MAP Sensor, 160 Evenflo Thermostat, V3 Triton Switchback LED Front Parking/Turn Signal, EBC Slotted/Dimpled Rotors w/EBC Yellowstuff Pads
2013 Ford Explorer Limited-Wife's Tow Vehicle
1999 Ford Taurus SE Wagon-'Our Family Truckster"
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-28-2014, 10:47 AM

As far as bringing out the shine in your black paint, nothing will beat a good buff/polish with a buffer and compound. As far as black paint specific waxes, a lot of them have pigment fillers that just "cover up" the swirls and small scratches. ive always pushed fixing paint first before you wax it. And as far as claybar. Youre going to definitely want to buff after that. Micro marring occurs during the clay bar process which creates a slight haze to paint, extremely noticeable on black paint. All i have to say is choose the method that will work for your situation.

Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently - Henry Ford

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-28-2014, 10:54 AM
Spend my 02 wisely...

Chapter: Southern

+1 one to the clay bar, a good buffing with some compound and some good wax.

My concern with a pigmented wax on the Tuxedo Black paint is that you would loose some of the metallic sparkle. A good, clear wax adds even more depth to an already awesome looking color. I've had two cars with Tuxedo Black paint. Still have one. A good surface prep with the clay bar and some rubbing compound, followed by a good coat of quality wax, yields an incredible finish that is easy to maintain.

-Jonathan
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-28-2014, 11:01 AM

Im a huge detailing buff (do ya see what i did there). Pretty much any quality brand carnauba wax or synthetic sealant will do a good job at PROTECTING the shine that you established with a good claybar/buff. IMO wax doesnt add shine. It adds protection.

Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently - Henry Ford
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-28-2014, 11:08 AM
Devoted Member

I would caution against using compound on a clearcoat finish, compound will remove the clearcoat and you are just asking for more problems. With all the high quality Swirl and Scratch Removers available (just check out Autogeek to see how many are available) you are much safer using them before wax to correct the paint.

2010 Ford Taurus SHO-Livernois 4+X Tune, Airaid CAI, Caliper Covers, Tinted Taillights, Tinted Headlights, LED Interior Lighting, LED Puddle Lamps and License Lights, SHO Hood Stripes, Rearranged Trunk Badging, 3 Bar MAP Sensor, 160 Evenflo Thermostat, V3 Triton Switchback LED Front Parking/Turn Signal, EBC Slotted/Dimpled Rotors w/EBC Yellowstuff Pads
2013 Ford Explorer Limited-Wife's Tow Vehicle
1999 Ford Taurus SE Wagon-'Our Family Truckster"
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-28-2014, 11:22 AM

Clay bars are great for smoothing out and getting a clean smooth surface on the car. They remove ingrained contaminants that are seemingly adhered to the surface of the clear coat. I use a clay bar once or twice a year before I wax my car and I'm always happy with the results. I'm a strong believer in waxing your car four times per year. as far as the meguiars black wax stuff, I have not personally used the stuff (seeing as I have never owned a black car). However I see several of my customers at work buy the stuff; it must do a decent job. However as others have mentioned the black wax should really only be used on a plain Jain black paint job that doesn't have any metallic or other effects in it.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-28-2014, 12:31 PM

wash. claybar. polish. wax/seal
i swear by zaino products. a bottel of z-2 or z-3, the zfx cure accelerator, and a bottle of z-6. water beads like it was applied yesterday for about 6 months.
Zaino Bros': Zaino Store
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-28-2014, 02:43 PM

For quick polishes I like to use Ammo leveling fluid. Does a great job at smoothing out paint without being too aggressive. Finishes down very well too. The only zaino product I use is the border less blonde towels

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-26-2014, 09:16 PM

I have tried and compared the result with klasse twin. All I can say is that klasse shines better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page