Crazy Devoted Member

Chapter: Northeast
Year: 2003
Model: Mercury Sable
Engine: 3.0L 24v Duratec V6

Garage
Trader Score: 0 reviews
Charts new ride

Really hard to find what fits our needs. But I traded the old Lin in for this. 2011, one owner, no smoking, serviced at the selling dealer on schedule, no accidents, no bruises, clean, mid PA car so no rust issues. All day yesterday 3+ hours down and then ran around to see 3 cars. New GY tires, new rotors and pads, just serviced. 59K miles.

The wife has had surgery to replace her right shoulder, so it does not move back to the seat belt for passenger, and had bones fused in her right thumb so difficult to grip the belt with her right hand. Open center (column shift) and I usually do her seat belt. Even for her to do a seat belt, much better in the open center. And of course she only wants light color in and out. So this silver out and titanium in works.

Now have to learn how to reset the trip odometer and mpg reset and lots of other buttons. Today found it warms up much quicker than the Lin, and I used the heated steering wheel. Dual climate setting works for the wife also.

Even though this is a 11 the 12's were out well before this one sold. Noted, quick look at Carfax oil changed 10 times in the first 49K miles.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Buick18.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	201210  
sheila and whatevah99 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-27-2018, 09:27 AM
Crazy Devoted Member

Chapter: Midwest
Year: 2006
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.0L 12v Vulcan V6

Congrads on the new sweet ride.
post #3 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-27-2018, 09:30 AM
Play Nice or Don't Play

Year: 1998
Model: Ford Taurus SHO
Engine: 3.4L Yamaha V8

Congrats and good luck with the new ride Chart. (insert snarky but good natured Buick comments here)
zenriddles and sousa632 like this.

It's SHO time!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-27-2018, 09:36 AM
Gen 5/6 Forum Moderator

Year: 2017
Model: OTHER
Engine: OTHER

Sad to see the Lincoln go, but that's not a bad replacement in the least. I've got a colleague with one of those and it's a supremely comfortable vehicle. I hope it's not one of those GMs with the battery under the rear passengers' bench, though. Stupid GM engineering at times, although some of their engines are nicely bullet proof.

thefranchise713

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow my new story with the Bull's taller, older sister:

Our lives are a series of missions, aided by our gifts and talents, in pursuit of a stronger neighborhood.
post #5 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-27-2018, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag1959 View Post
Congrats and good luck with the new ride Chart. (insert snarky but good natured Buick comments here)
You beat me Jag.
My sentiments exactly.

"When did Ford start the triple porthole thing?....."

RICE - ITS WHATS FOR DINNER !

Eric Lehmann

Lots of V8 SHO's
post #6 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-27-2018, 10:01 AM
Crazy Devoted Member

Chapter: Midwest
Year: 1998

Trader Score: 1 reviews
Congrats Chart! Nice Tri-Shield!
post #7 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-27-2018, 12:41 PM
Devoted Member

Congrats on the new ride! May it serve you well for many years. I'll try to stop by sometime when I'm over that way and take a look at it.

2003 Mazda Protege5, 2.0L (Daughter #1)
2008 Nissan Titan SE, Crew Cab/Long Bed, 5.6L (Mine)
2007 Volvo V70 2.5T, turbo 2.5L (Mine)
2010 Mazda 6 Grand Touring, 2.5L (Daughter #2)
2012 Toyota Camry LE, 2.5L (Wife)
post #8 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-27-2018, 02:09 PM Thread Starter
Crazy Devoted Member

Year: 2003

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefranchise713 View Post
Sad to see the Lincoln go, but that's not a bad replacement in the least. I've got a colleague with one of those and it's a supremely comfortable vehicle. I hope it's not one of those GMs with the battery under the rear passengers' bench, though. Stupid GM engineering at times, although some of their engines are nicely bullet proof.
OK, the battery is under the rear seat, easy to pop the seat up. MUCH easier than the Lin. I had to do lots of work to remove that to get the stuff out from under before trade. No indication of a new battery in the Carfax so no date on this. I will do a load test sometime when I have time. I did put the volt meter on the power port and let it idle with all power stuff, lights, blower max, seat and steering heat and it held just over 14V so the Alt is strong. 140A.

The Lin started having some warts. At 16 years some is normal. Rear windows quit, just like my previous Lin. It was loosing coolant at about a cup per week and no sign of where, but it was on the driveway. It got picky about needing premium fuel = 93. Too much of a "hot rod" for the wife. She asked me while back what that green light with the lines from it when she turned the corner to out street. I told her she was spinning the wheels but it never made a dent in her foot.

The Buick has throttle by wire and it has quite a different feel. Very light on the first ~quarter inch then it gets aggressive. I found it really needs gear "3" in the PA mountains or it shifts back and forth. I drove an '07 with the 3.8 old school engine and now this with 3.9 upgraded engine and it is day and night difference. Specs show it peak torque at a lower rpm which is needed for the tall gearing. About 1600 rpm at 60 mph.

The under hood access if really open. While the Lin took me 2 hours to do the belt replace, this one looks like maybe 5 minutes. Alt maybe 10 minutes. As a throwback they use coil packs. Two of them. I do not know how that works.

Oh well. Got a pile of stuff out in the garage while cleaning out the Lin, now to put it somewhere other than in the car. Found 2 new tooth brushes under the rear seat of the Lin. How does that happen. I think things moved from the trunk to under the rear seat.

-chart-
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BuickBat18.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	198.5 KB
ID:	201218  
sheila likes this.
post #9 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-27-2018, 06:21 PM

Chapter: West Coast
Year: 2004
Model: Ford Taurus

Congrats!

2004 Taurus SES Duratec 107k

Upgrades: Mach RCU & Tweeters, Bluetooth, Ford Cargo Tray, LED Trunk Lighting, Headlight Relays, Adjustable Pedals
Running on: Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus, Pennzoil Platinum 5w20 & Fram Pro Synthetic Filter, Valvoline MERCON V, Valvoline DOT 3&4, ZEREX G-05, Top Tier Regular Gas
post #10 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-27-2018, 07:26 PM
I'll Be Watching You!

Year: 2007
Model: OTHER
Engine: OTHER

Trader Score: 2 reviews
Congrats on the new ride Chart

John
2007 Pontiac Torrent, 2013 Hyundai Sonata GLS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page