A HUGE thank you goes out to Bull Geek on this one! All I had to do was Clean the INSIDE connectors.
If you are having issues with EITHER the Cruise Control On/Off or the +/-/Resume CC
buttons try this simple procedure first.
1) Use a small flat head screw driver and insert between the outer black plastic and the soft p-leather of the steering wheel. Pry outwards and remove the entire Black assembly from steering wheel.
2) Disconnect the 3/4 pin connector from the back of the assembly. Note: There are 3 wires going into the steering wheel.
3) Use a Torx T-9 or T-7 to remove the 3 Torx screws in the back. It should not take many turns to get these out.
4) Disassemble and using Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol clean all Gold connectors with a Q-Tip.
5) Assemble in the reverse order.
If anyone has ever taken apart a video game controller (NES, SNES, N64, PSone, PS2, XBox, etc) the same principles adhere to this. There are essentially 3 pieces. The Black plastic, a rubber middle piece (used to pop the plastic back out), and a simple circuit board.
The connectors inside the indents of the rubber will collect dust/grime. This will transfer to the circuit board. When these connections are not good, intermittent or complete failure to work will result.
Remember to use Rubbing alcohol because it will not harm the electronics of the board. DO NOT USE WATER!
$2 worth of tools and $2 worth of Rubbing alcohol now my Cruise Control works just like it did out of the factory!