I Gots The Curse! (Passenger Floor Wet) - Page 6 - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
Register Home Forums Active Topics Topic Finder Photos Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans
TaurusClub.com is the premier Ford Taurus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2010, 07:33 PM   #51 (permalink)
Crazy Devoted Member

Member Number: 10865
Visit: My Garage
Trader Score: 1 reviews
sheila is a glorious beacon of lightsheila is a glorious beacon of light

Siliconing the perimeter of the ac drain has always worked for me on 98-99 gen3s.
sheila is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2010, 09:33 AM   #52 (permalink)

Member Number: 32663
Chapter: Northeast
Drives: 2002 Sable wagon LS Premium
Trader Score: 0 reviews
billzie is an unknown quantity at this point

I changed the cabin air filter yesterday on our 02 Sable wagon LS Premium with help from this post, thanks! We had no problem with leaking that I'm aware of, but I bought the cabin filter and was looking for how-to and found this thread.
Some notes on my install: the PS cowl is slightly bowed enough that there is a very small gap right in the middle of it approx 1/16". I only had three screws to remove from the under cowl piece, but the fender side one broke and will be tapped and replaced another time. I had about a solid handful of debris in total but nothing like some pics I've seen. What I see different is that there was a plastic shield over the filter that may well be a water diversion piece. I noted no water of any kind although it has rained or snowed in a week. Filter was very dirty all the way through and may be the original (said made in Isreal) with full plastic frame 4 sides, my replacement was a STP (made in China) and only plastic frame on ends.
Bill.
billzie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:15 PM   #53 (permalink)

Member Number: 36612
Chapter: Northeast
Drives: 2002 T Red DOHC SES 65k miles bot new. A screamer. Tan leather interior
ezrhino is an unknown quantity at this point
Default rain cowl repair

I have a 2002 ses. There is a factory service bulletin for the rain cowl and the extra rubber strip that was missing from mine since new
I have discovered the NEW rain cowl does not snap in place very well and also leaves a gap between it and the driver side cowl. got lucky with a $25 dollar blower from the junk yard (what a deal) and the relay from Advance auto parts. tube of silicone just like the picture, it seems to work but it hasnt rained in texas in 5 months so i dont really know yet LOL
ezrhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:50 PM   #54 (permalink)

Member Number: 25406
Chapter: Midwest
Drives: 96 GL w/99 Vulcan 02 Sable GS Vulcan
KCTaurusBull has a little shameless behaviour in the past

My prob is that the A/C condensate drain leaks into thru the firewall. A lot of rain lately. Last nite, I noticed that the A/C was running, in the wrong switch position. Bad switch, and leaky A/C condensate drain thru the firewall. Tucked the open cell firewall gasket, best I could, into the passenger compartment, and bought a tube of GE silicone, to apply around the drain outlet in a fillet pattern around the firewall, on the engine compartment side, and will advise my findings.

If they had the resources for the drip tube for the lower cowl on the D/S, couldn't they have moved that into the A/C drain on the P/S, with a moulded polyurethane, or silcone, venturi tube?

Oh, well.

Last edited by KCTaurusBull; 05-25-2011 at 06:57 PM.
KCTaurusBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:21 PM   #55 (permalink)

Member Number: 34922
Chapter: West Coast
Drives: 1999 sable ls
codyep1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cowl drain hose is plugged water on sable floor

I recently had to bail water out of the passenger side of my 1999 sable. If you go to an online newfordparts.com website and look up cowl assy. You will find a diagram showing a drain hose on the drivers side of the car. If you remove the tire and rear plastic guard you will see a rubber hose pinched off at the end. Stick a screwdriver or other tool to remove the leaves and debree and run water on the drivers side below the wipers till the hose water runs free of debree. You also can remove the cowl assy and vaccumn out the drain hole it is over an inch in diameter. No more rtv or wet cabin filters. I also got rid of my stock junk ford clips an replaced them with clips and screws from local auto part store. Ned
codyep1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:15 AM   #56 (permalink)

Member Number: 18947
occupa has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Me too

2007 Taurus SE regular motor 135K
I have similar problem, water(not antifreeze) in the passenger floor.
I inspected the cowling/cabin filter and blower motor housing and all were dry
The leak appears to be coming from the connection between the air handling assy and the fire wall.
The leak appears when it is driven, splashing I guess.
I have a gap between the fire wall and the evap drain tube. I see this from the engine compartment
The gasket between the handler and the fire wall on the inside is just squishy foam.
The heater core was recently replaced and I believe the floor deadening material the is under the carpet was pinched between the air handler and the fire wall.
So my question is. does the gray mat go between the fire wall and the handler?
and
How can I get more compression on the squishy gasket? Looks like that would help
occupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:36 AM   #57 (permalink)
Crazy Devoted Member

Member Number: 10865
Trader Score: 1 reviews
sheila is a glorious beacon of lightsheila is a glorious beacon of light

Does your cabin (pollen) filter roof have the "rainhat extension" installed?
sheila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:54 PM   #58 (permalink)
Devoted Member

Member Number: 3580
Chapter: Midwest
Drives: 03 SEL Premium DOHC
Trader Score: 35 reviews
durasel has a spectacular aura about

The A/C drain is the most likely culprit.
Never had a leak after I siliconed that area!!
03 SEL Premium DOHC
04 SES Sport DOHC

2003 SEL Premium
Every available factory option
September 2009 Car of the Month

Dealing in Mach Audio Systems for the last 10 years. I'm happy to answer any/all questions.
I have many satisfied club members!
durasel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:36 AM   #59 (permalink)

Member Number: 18947
occupa has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Thanks for the advise and another possible solution

Yes, I believe mine has the "rain hat" although it did not appear to be closed and the cabin filter was out of place. Bought a new cabin filter and closed the "rain hat"

I noticed that my A/C drain was wet on the bottom side of the tube and the sound deadening material was additionally wet on the outside of the fire wall.

I think the A/C tube drain was wicking from the drain and back to the fire wall.

Thanks for suggesting the solution to silicon the area. However, I did not have a tube handy.

I decided that I would lengthen the drain tube to reduce the effect of wicking back to the fire wall

I used an old bicycle inner tube, 20" size worked good.

I cut it about 2 inches long, leave about 1/2 space from the engine block.

As the tube is naturally curved, use the natural curve to direct the water flow down.

Using one finger inside of the cut inner tube, secure one side to the A/C tube and user your finder to slip the other side over the A/C tube.

The inner tube cut this short will not collapse and will remain rigid enough to allow free flow of the evap water.

I took about a 100 mile road trip, defrost and rain the whole way with no sign of moisture or puddling in the car.

So, Trademarked and patented under the name E-Vap-Away is available for 9.95 plus shipping and handling. Includes easy to follow instructions and diagram. Money back guarantee if not completely satisfied. Well maybe not 100 per cent money back, but I'll send you something.

Licensing opportunities available, I am sure someone at FoMoCo is monitoring.

Checked again this morning and all is dry.

Thanks for your help and hope this helps others
occupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:30 PM   #60 (permalink)

Member Number: 52004
Chapter: Pacific Northwest
Drives: 2004 sable s full load, California car
cvsable is an unknown quantity at this point

ok I was going to start a new thread, but it seems a bit redundant, I dont want to hijack the thread I just want to interject, I have a 04 sable, I had the passenger floor wet issue last year and did the tsb, which seemed to fix it but this year the d/s is soaked, before I tear off the cowl, anyone had many issues with the d/s?,
cvsable is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement