Cold Air Intake Pictures - Page 3 - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 278 (permalink) Old 06-14-2004, 09:38 PM Thread Starter
Devoted Member

Trader Score: 0 reviews
The kit is for a newer M3 BMW. I connected the vaccum line from the distrabution box to the blue connector closest the throttle body (on the underside so that no one can see it) The other two are not connected as im going to make a PCV filter system at a later date. Maybe use breathers. No idea!

Anyways. For now it works and it sounds MEAN.

Brad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 278 (permalink) Old 06-14-2004, 09:40 PM Thread Starter
Devoted Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jtkz13@Jun 14 2004, 09:18 PM
That hose is stretched more than a Vietnamese prostitute on an Army base.

Looks pretty decent, nie job.
I have one phrase to respond: LOL
post #23 of 278 (permalink) Old 06-15-2004, 04:25 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to mykej27
Quote:
Originally posted by Baby SHO@Jun 14 2004, 05:38 PM
The kit is for a newer M3 BMW. I connected the vaccum line from the distrabution box to the blue connector closest the throttle body (on the underside so that no one can see it) The other two are not connected as im going to make a PCV filter system at a later date. Maybe use breathers. No idea!

Anyways. For now it works and it sounds MEAN.

Brad
Sweet! I guess for those who want to keep there MAF stock, we can cut the tube down the size and add an MAF adapter.

Thanks for the info!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
'99 Duratec SVT 24v V6
-Cold Air Intake/Diablo Chip/4" Bomz Muffler/Bosch Platnium +4's/HO alternator/Dual Oil catch Cans/UDP/Goodyear Eagle GT tires
Asethetics-Carbon fiber Ford emblems/SVT engine & tail emblem/SVT High Output fender emblems/Mesh upper & lower grill/hood protector
-MACH 200 watt stereo system & 800 watts of power on my 12" MTX speaker box w/1 Farad Monster Cap.
post #24 of 278 (permalink) Old 06-26-2004, 11:51 AM

Send a message via AIM to CobaltBlue91GL Send a message via MSN to CobaltBlue91GL Send a message via Yahoo to CobaltBlue91GL
I'm so lost, I wish I knew what everyone was talking about. lol

-Preston

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1991 Ford Taurus GL "Blue Bomber" (RIP...death by fire)
1939 Lincoln Zephyr V12 Sedan
2002 Oldsmobile Alero GLS (Mom's)
1929 Ford Model-A Convertible
1978 Dodge Aspen R/T (Brother's)
<s>1986 Ford Bronco II </s>
1995 Ford Contour LX - new car

i.ridesent i.ris
post #25 of 278 (permalink) Old 06-26-2004, 11:14 PM
Devoted Member

Send a message via MSN to mikehawk Send a message via Yahoo to mikehawk
Uhh...don&#39;t you guys remember that 10 page thread/debate about breathers on tauruses? I thought the bottom line was that breathers are bad because they introduce un-metered air into the system.

post #26 of 278 (permalink) Old 06-27-2004, 12:13 AM Thread Starter
Devoted Member

that is true, but it really does not bother me alot for now, ill eventually fix it properly, and build a catch can for the PVC system. Right now im bust with phase 2 of project Baby SHO

Brad
post #27 of 278 (permalink) Old 06-27-2004, 01:04 AM

Send a message via AIM to bco1206
This is one I made. I bought a Acura Integra LS/GS CAI off ebay cheap and easily modified it to fit all the way into the front bumper. Also I bought the Draxxas MAF adapter. Sounded real nice too. I now use a modified factory air box and a tube from the CAI kit along with a K&N. It is quieter then the full CAI but I liked the reliability of the k&n filter. I may just buy the k&n cone filter and reinstall the full CAI this summer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CAI.jpg (38.6 KB, 2208 views)

2000 Taurus SEL.
Black with Tan/Brown interior.
JSP spoiler #79211.
Mach audio system. Added amp, cap, and 12" ma audio sub.
K&N filter with modified factory air box.
post #28 of 278 (permalink) Old 07-03-2004, 12:53 PM
Devoted Member

Send a message via MSN to mooby
ok me i want to do that but here a tube is about 60 $ plus depend on size

so if some could tell what model did they get so i could what size and model for the air filter

and me i have a k&n model that goes directly into the original base but the base as been opened up im juste wondering i have a rectangular filter and the base is if 85% full open so this is almost as a coned filter

i have to go and get the camera from my friend cuz me im real real cheap

with 3 kids a dont have a lot to spend at this moment lollllllllllll

done so far discoball hid rear and front mustang gt caliper disk brake setup,moog ball joint tie rod end front and rear sway bar 24 26mm with moog blue bushing strutbar bushing 16" mag and yokohama aviz trz plus new engine and tranny on 15 jan 2006 plus new eibach coil and 07 front seat sho cluster led

post #29 of 278 (permalink) Old 07-18-2004, 10:34 PM

Quote:
&#39;m wondering if you will have problems with the MAF being so close to the TB. Maybe I&#39;m thinking wrong.
That&#39;s right... I&#39;ve read in a technical article about MAFs that it&#39;s actually best to have the MAF as far from the TB as possible because the sound coming directly from the throttle body is so intense that it can interfere with the MAF sensor readings.

Anyways, you did an awesome job there.

"Hallelujah! HOLY $H|T! Where's the Tylenol?!"-Chevy Chase
post #30 of 278 (permalink) Old 12-15-2004, 04:22 PM
Devoted Member

Chapter: Southeast

I like it, every little bit of mod helps, on the early 3.8, the air intake is extremely restrictive, so I did the same, put a BMC cold air intake, including a sealed cone air filter, here is a pic of mine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cold_air.jpg (54.4 KB, 3155 views)

1988 Ford Taurus SHO Wagon - 1995 Mercury Sable LS Wagon -
1996 Buick Roadmaster Wagon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page